This Cloud system administration test evaluates candidates’ skills in installing, configuring, and maintaining computer systems. This test helps you identify sysadmins with experience in Windows and Linux and experience in cloud solutions and networking.
Windows system administration
Linux system administration
Mid to senior-level cloud system administrators working with Windows, Linux, AWS, and Azure.
Today, almost every modern organization relies on computer systems and networks in order to carry forth its operations. And having a strong, well-organized, and reliable computer infrastructure is a non-negotiable for building and growing a strong business. Cloud system administrators are the experts who determine an organization’s system needs, upgrade and optimize its system performance, and troubleshoot issues that may appear in the hardware and software.
This Cloud system administration test evaluates candidates’ skills in both Windows and Linux systems. It also evaluates candidates’ cloud fundamentals knowledge in AWS and Azure, as well as their abilities in networking.
Candidates who perform well on this screening test have the ability to organize and manage Windows and Linux systems, and they can interpret and solve problems faced by users of the network. They also have the fundamental skills to provide support for infrastructure in the cloud and have a strong understanding of networking. This sysadmin test covers the day-to-day tasks of system administrators and a few less common ones they will deal with fairly regularly.
With experience as a System administrator, Cybersecurity Analyst, a Security Engineer, and a Security Researcher, Yevgen lives and breathes security. His job to him isn’t just about following guidelines (like ISO/IEC 27001 or PCI-DSS) but about getting to the heart of problems and solving them in efficient and effective ways.
In addition to his IT talents, Yevgen speaks four languages (English, Portuguese, Russian, Ukrainian), enjoys gaming, and has published a few non-IT related books.
TestGorilla’s tests are created by subject matter experts. We assess potential subject-matter experts based on their knowledge, ability, and reputation. Before being published, each test is peer-reviewed by another expert, then calibrated using hundreds of test takers with relevant experience in the subject. Our feedback mechanisms and unique algorithms allow our subject-matter experts to constantly improve their tests.
TestGorilla helps me to assess engineers rapidly. Creating assessments for different positions is easy due to pre-existing templates. You can create an assessment in less than 2 minutes. The interface is intuitive and it’s easy to visualize results per assessment.
VP of Engineering, Mid-Market (51-1000 emp.)
Any tool can have functions—bells and whistles. Not every tool comes armed with staff passionate about making the user experience positive.
The TestGorilla team only offers useful insights to user challenges, they engage in conversation.
For instance, I recently asked a question about a Python test I intended to implement. Instead of receiving “oh, that test would work perfectly for your solution,” or, “at this time we’re thinking about implementing a solution that may or may not…” I received a direct and straightforward answer with additional thoughts to help shape the solution.
I hope that TestGorilla realizes the value proposition in their work is not only the platform but the type of support that’s provided.
For a bit of context—I am a diversity recruiter trying to create a platform that removes bias from the hiring process and encourages the discovery of new and unseen talent.
Chief Talent Connector, Small-Business (50 or fewer emp.)
Our screening tests identify the best candidates and make your hiring decisions faster, easier, and bias-free.
Building assessments is a breeze with TestGorilla. Get started with these simple steps.
The Cloud system administration test will be included in a PDF report along with the other tests from your assessment. You can easily download and share this report with colleagues and candidates.
Broadly speaking, cloud computing refers to the delivery of server-hosted services through the internet. Servers that can be accessed via the internet and any databases or software that run on these servers are known simply as “the cloud.”
Although it seems like they’re floating up above our heads like invisible cyberspace clouds, these servers are scattered across the world in data centers and server farms. They deliver services remotely through cloud computing environments, hence why they can be accessed from anywhere.
Cloud system administration denotes the monitoring of cloud management services and configuring of the cloud for organizations. System administrators, or sysadmins, are responsible for adjusting cloud services, updating cloud technologies, analyzing cloud data, and fixing any system errors that companies might be dealing with.
Cloud system administrators play a vital role in keeping systems operational for companies that use cloud computing to deliver their services. If a company lacks a system administrator, its developers have to pick up this role.
So, if the primary focus of your organization is to develop, deploy, and maintain cloud-based software for its customers, should you hire a cloud sysadmin?
The answer will vary from business to business. But if your engineers are spending a substantial amount of time handling system administration tasks, and the productivity you’re losing is more than or equal to a system administrator’s hours and salary, then it’s probably time to hire one.
Ideally, you should hire a cloud system administrator before, not when, your developers begin to get weighed down with cloud system administration and operations.
Remember that a dedicated system administrator can also bring knowledge and experience that your current developers don’t have into your business. Cloud administrators are experts in cloud system security and maintenance, and they’ll take care of basic but important tasks that often get overlooked.
The best way to hire top mid- to senior-level system administrators is using an online Cloud System Administration test. With this test, you can reliably identify candidates with the skills needed to perform effective cloud system administration. Here are the skills you should be looking out for.
• Windows system administration: Most computer systems and networks rely on the Windows operating system since it has the largest selection of available software, so this skill is vital. Windows system administration involves installing, managing, and updating Windows-based servers and systems for organizations.
• Linux system administration: Although the Windows operating system is commercial and mostly used in business settings, Linux is an open-source operating system. Linux system administration also involves handling system operations. In addition, it includes tasks such as maintaining, optimizing, reporting on, backing up, and updating computer systems using Linux tools.
• AWS/Azure cloud: Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure provide cloud storage services. AWS is the most comprehensive and widely used cloud platform, with 40% of the cloud vendor market. Azure, on the other hand, is the only consistent hybrid cloud and holds 30% of the market. Cloud system administrators need to have knowledge of AWS and Azure features and services.
• Networking: Interconnected computer devices that share and exchange data with each other form a computer network. Networks use a system of rules that define how data can be sent and received. Today, networks can operate virtually, be integrated on a large scale, and have built-in security features, though firewalls and antimalware software can also be installed for security. Understanding networks is crucial for system administrators.
TestGorilla’s online Cloud System Administration test is a reliable way to assess your applicants for these skills. The test includes questions that cover each skill, and you can trust that the test results are an accurate and reliable reflection of your candidates’ abilities. However, you shouldn’t use this test on its own to evaluate candidates.
People are multidimensional, and the top candidates have a variety of skills. Because of this, we recommend that you combine this online Cloud System Administration test with other relevant tests to build a complete skills assessment. By using up to five tests from our test library, you can get a well-rounded understanding of your candidates and their skills.
Screening CVs is a time-consuming and ineffective way to start your recruitment process. They can’t reliably predict job success, and their focus on experience and education encourages biased hiring decisions.
CVs incentivize dishonesty and provide no way for you to discern whether a candidate actually has the relevant skills for the job they’ve applied for.
The problems with CVs are especially prevalent in the tech industry, where an increasing number of professionals are self-taught or don’t have a degree. By over-emphasizing educational credentials, CV screening can filter out many qualified candidates.
But you can make these problems go away – begin your recruitment process with online skills assessments rather than sifting through CVs.
Once you give candidates an opportunity to prove their abilities using skills tests rather than focusing on where they went to school or university, you can start making unbiased, data-driven, and ultimately more successful hiring decisions.
TestGorilla’s Cloud System Administration test will benefit your hiring process in the following ways:
• Actively combat hiring bias: Although we don’t always know it, unconscious biases impact hiring decisions all the time. Skills assessments take the focus off your candidates’ backgrounds and place it on their skills.• Decrease time-to-hire: Sifting through CVs is time consuming and tedious. In contrast, TestGorilla’s online tests are quick and easy to build. Once your candidates have completed their assessments, we’ll give you the tools to analyze their results effectively.• Provide a scalable recruitment solution: It doesn’t matter how many candidates you’ve got for an open role – whether there are 20 or 200, you can send them all an assessment with a single click.• Reduce the chances of mis-hiring: Mis-hires are costly. Pre-employment testing increases your chances of hiring the right candidate – say goodbye to all the mis-hires that might have been.
Reap the benefits of skills-based hiring by using our Cloud System Administration test to build a complete skills assessment today.
Our skills assessments will help you evaluate candidates objectively so that you can make the right hire without stress or bias. You can sign up for free to get started or take a look at our pricing plans. Join more than 5,700 companies that have already made the switch to TestGorilla, and see the difference it makes to your recruitment process.