The technical support help desk representative test assesses candidates’ technical aptitude and ability to provide internal technical support. This test will help you identify a candidate with knowledge of networks, security, and troubleshooting skills.
Securing operating systems, networks, and applications
Troubleshooting networks and operating systems
Setting up and maintaining wireless networks
Troubleshooting processes and operational procedures
Technical Support Representatives and Help Desk Representatives with 2-3 years of experience
Networks are everywhere, from two system home networks to large networks with thousands of systems. Technical support representatives need to ensure these networks continue to operate effectively by quickly narrowing down the causes of problems when they arise.
Strong foundational knowledge of networking and its related technologies is essential for technical support representatives. Candidates with a strong foundational knowledge can quickly understand and resolve problems, helping your company prevent and resolve business interruptions.
The technical support help desk representative test gives candidates 10 minutes to complete a set of questions focused on networking and related technologies.
This is an initial screening test that effectively screens candidates based on the essential skills. For more difficult troubleshooting challenges, you can consider tests at the advanced levels.
Ashish has nearly 3 decades of experience in IT infrastructure management, software development, cyber security, and e-Learning. His work has ranged from establishing and maintaining networks to managing large software development projects. Ashish has experience working with some of the biggest names in the tech industry. Ashish has written over 30,000 technical assessments.
TestGorilla’s tests are created by subject matter experts. We assess potential subject-matter experts based on their knowledge, ability, and reputation. Before being published, each test is peer-reviewed by another expert, then calibrated using hundreds of test takers with relevant experience in the subject. Our feedback mechanisms and unique algorithms allow our subject-matter experts to constantly improve their tests.
TestGorilla helps me to assess engineers rapidly. Creating assessments for different positions is easy due to pre-existing templates. You can create an assessment in less than 2 minutes. The interface is intuitive and it’s easy to visualize results per assessment.
VP of Engineering, Mid-Market (51-1000 emp.)
Any tool can have functions—bells and whistles. Not every tool comes armed with staff passionate about making the user experience positive.
The TestGorilla team only offers useful insights to user challenges, they engage in conversation.
For instance, I recently asked a question about a Python test I intended to implement. Instead of receiving “oh, that test would work perfectly for your solution,” or, “at this time we’re thinking about implementing a solution that may or may not…” I received a direct and straightforward answer with additional thoughts to help shape the solution.
I hope that TestGorilla realizes the value proposition in their work is not only the platform but the type of support that’s provided.
For a bit of context—I am a diversity recruiter trying to create a platform that removes bias from the hiring process and encourages the discovery of new and unseen talent.
Chief Talent Connector, Small-Business (50 or fewer emp.)
The Technical support help desk representative test will be included in a PDF report along with the other tests from your assessment. You can easily download and share this report with colleagues and candidates.
An online help desk technician support test is a pre-employment skills assessment that helps you evaluate your candidates’ technical aptitude and ability to provide internal technical support in a faster and bias-free manner.
Our industry pros have built the Help Desk Technician Support test to help you focus on identifying candidates with the network, security, and troubleshooting knowledge required to facilitate the efficient operation of networks and technologies.
There are many ways to review your help-desk technician support applicants’ skills. But which is the best way? We know that objective hiring should take priority, and this Help Desk Technician Support test will offer you and your business the most objective, bias-free hiring method.
Help-desk technician skills are crucial for managing challenges related to troubleshooting at an intermediate level, resolving complex problems, and mitigating the network interruption of business operations. These skills are fundamental for help-desk staff responsible for network problem resolution. Your hiring team may also seek applicants with skills in installing and configuring software smoothly.
Yet as you look for the best applicants and try to find these skills, you’ll notice that the hiring process can be tricky. It’s not easy to hire help-desk technician support staff, as not only should your applicants have customer service and soft skills but you also have to ensure your hiring process is fair and objective. You may currently review your applicants’ skills by asking them to share their skills in an initial resume screening. But what if we told you that a more straightforward and effective option is available?
Use our Help Desk Technician Support test to assess candidates on these 4 fundamental skills:
• Proficiency in securing operating systems, applications, and networks: Security maintenance is the first skill the test helps you assess. It will inform you whether your applicants can eliminate viruses and other malicious threats to applications, networks, and operating systems.
• Expertise in establishing and managing wireless networks: The test enables you to assess your applicants’ abilities in setting up wireless networks and managing them efficiently. It also evaluates help-desk technician skills related to network data type and connectivity issues.
• Skills in network and operating systems troubleshooting: Use the Help Desk Technician Support test to review and assess your applicants’ network diagnostic and troubleshooting abilities. Doing so helps you learn whether they understand how to troubleshoot issues related to different internet protocols, such as DNS, FTP, and IP.
• In-depth knowledge of operational and troubleshooting processes: You can integrate the test to identify applicants who can support operational processes and maintain documentation for IT processes efficiently. It helps you ensure you focus on applicants who can effectively handle process troubleshooting.
At TestGorilla, we know that relevant and reliable statistics make your recruitment much stronger. That’s why we designed our Help Desk Technician Support test to let the stats give you the reassurance you need. The test results are automated and shown as percentages. Alongside these percentages, we add star ratings for a more straightforward candidate comparison and confirmation of the time it takes your candidates to complete the assessments.
Our experts created this Help Desk Technician Support skills test to minimize the challenges you face, from an accurate assessment of soft skills to maintaining a fair and objective hiring process. Our subject-matter expert, a professional in IT help-desk support, created this test to improve candidate assessment, and the test was then peer-reviewed for quality and excellence.
Our Help Desk Technician Support test is the most reliable test for hiring professionals in this field. It offers you the following advantages:
• Start mapping how well your candidates will integrate into your organization: With a combination of technical skill, value, and personality tests, you can build a rounded Help Desk Technician assessment and get a picture of how your applicants will integrate into your organization. You should assess help-desk technician skills but also soft skills, such as customer service and critical-thinking skills with TestGorilla.
• Test how your applicants’ skills measure up to timed scenarios: Knowing if your applicants can use their help-desk technician skills is one thing, but meeting deadlines and managing their time effectively is another quality altogether. This test reviews your applicants on their abilities to handle real-world support duties in timed conditions.
• Make sure your entire hiring team avoids unconscious bias and hires objectively: With this Help Desk Technician Support test integrated into your hiring process and implemented immediately after sourcing candidates, you’ll cut straight to a set of objective results to help you decide. Your entire hiring team can review the test results to unanimously identify candidates you want to interview, and you can forget your fears of unconscious bias influencing your selection.
Join 6000+ businesses and modernize your hiring: Use this Help Desk Technician Support test to get the data-driven, objective hiring approach you’ve been trying to find and find the right employee for your organization.