This SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) test is designed to assess candidates’ abilities to use SSMS tools to design, develop, and manage databases on SQL Servers. This screening test will help you hire candidates who can use SSMS effectively.
Explorers and windows
Query and text editors
Visual database tools
SQL Server Developers, SQL Server Database Administrators, Support Engineers, Data Engineers, and other roles that require a strong grasp of SSMS.
Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) is a powerful, free integrated development environment (IDE) for connecting, configuring, managing, and administering SQL Servers. With options to complete most tasks either through the graphic user interface (GUI) or programmatically, SSMS makes completing common – and often time-consuming – SQL Server tasks simpler and more efficient. Though user-friendly, it takes an expert in SQL Server Management Studio to unlock its full potential.
This SQL Server Management Studio test evaluates candidates’ abilities to understand and work within the SSMS environment. This screening test also evaluates candidates’ skill in using explorers and windows, query and text editors, and visual database tools in SQL Server Management Studio.
With its focus on common situations found at the workplace, this screening test will help you identify database professionals who can use SQL Server Management Studio to complete a wide range of SQL Server tasks and bring efficiencies to your processes.
Rizwan is a database architect, SQL developer and passionate DBA. He has MS in computer science and over 12 years of professional experience with SQL Server, mySQL and PostgreSQL projects, and is the architect of large databases for international organizations. He provides DBA support, troubleshooting, and on-the-job training for production SQL, mySQL and PostgreSQL Servers. He loves traveling to less-crowded areas and exploring new cultures, which helps him see the world from a different lens.
TestGorilla’s tests are created by subject matter experts. We assess potential subject-matter experts based on their knowledge, ability, and reputation. Before being published, each test is peer-reviewed by another expert, then calibrated using hundreds of test takers with relevant experience in the subject. Our feedback mechanisms and unique algorithms allow our subject-matter experts to constantly improve their tests.
TestGorilla helps me to assess engineers rapidly. Creating assessments for different positions is easy due to pre-existing templates. You can create an assessment in less than 2 minutes. The interface is intuitive and it’s easy to visualize results per assessment.
VP of Engineering, Mid-Market (51-1000 emp.)
Any tool can have functions—bells and whistles. Not every tool comes armed with staff passionate about making the user experience positive.
The TestGorilla team only offers useful insights to user challenges, they engage in conversation.
For instance, I recently asked a question about a Python test I intended to implement. Instead of receiving “oh, that test would work perfectly for your solution,” or, “at this time we’re thinking about implementing a solution that may or may not…” I received a direct and straightforward answer with additional thoughts to help shape the solution.
I hope that TestGorilla realizes the value proposition in their work is not only the platform but the type of support that’s provided.
For a bit of context—I am a diversity recruiter trying to create a platform that removes bias from the hiring process and encourages the discovery of new and unseen talent.
Chief Talent Connector, Small-Business (50 or fewer emp.)
The SQL Server Management Studio test will be included in a PDF report along with the other tests from your assessment. You can easily download and share this report with colleagues and candidates.
An online SQL Server Management Studio test is a pre-employment skills assessment that helps you evaluate your candidates’ abilities to use SSMS tools to design, develop, and manage databases on SQL Servers in a faster and bias-free manner.
If you have run into difficulties when hiring SQL Server developers who can confidently use the SSMS platform, this SQL Server online test will help you overcome these challenges and streamline your hiring.
SQL server skills are vital for managing and configuring servers, handling SQL infrastructure, and administering server instances. The integrated environment is perfect for handling tasks in the GUI quickly and efficiently. But, to make sure your business maximizes its use of the SQL Server Management Studio, you need expert SQL Server developers on your team.
To make sure you’re hiring the perfect match each time, you need a way to confidently evaluate their skills. Otherwise said, you need hard facts and data to support your hiring decisions.
You may also find that two applicants with a very similar skill profile want to join your organization – which means that you need to be able to compare their skills and be sure to make the right choice. You also need to limit unconscious bias and perhaps work towards building a more diverse team.
So, you may be wondering: “What’s the best way to make a sound hiring decision?”
If you want to objectively evaluate your SQL Server Management Studio applicants or choose the candidate who outshines everyone else, we have the right solution for you: Our SQL skills test.
Use this test to make sure you’re selecting the best applicant with the strongest SSMS skills to join your team. With the help of this test, you can build a strong and diverse team that consistently achieves its goals.
This SQL screening test for the SSMS IDE is the most objective and reliable assessment you can find online to assess all four essential SQL Server Management skills:
• Strong understanding of the SSMS environment: Learn if your applicants understand how to use the SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) environment and know the difference between a shared and a standalone environment. Find out whether they know how to add SQL server environments with our test.
• Expertise in using text and query editors: Identify the applicants who understand how to use a text editor to implement base functionality levels. Find out whether they understand how query editors work in the SQL Server Management Studio platform with this test.
• In-depth knowledge of explorers and windows: Test the depth of your applicants’ knowledge of explorers and their provision of hierarchical user interfaces in SQL Server Management Studio.
• Skills and expertise in visual database tools in SSMS: Find out if your prospective hires can use visual database tools, including various design tools, to manage and work with data sources in the SQL Server Management Studio. Use our SQL skills test for this, and find out how well your applicants can use visual database tools to create queries too.
The scoring system of this SQL Server online test has three levels to enable you to make the best decision. First, you get an overall percentage out of 100% for every applicant who completes the test. Additionally, our platform provides a star-based ranking for your applicants and records the time it takes your candidates to complete the test.
Make TestGorilla’s SQL Server online test a part of your recruitment process to get the advantages of objective data on candidates’ skills.
There are several other unique advantages to integrating this SQL server quiz into your hiring process. Choose our test to receive these hiring bonuses:
• Eliminate unconscious bias when hiring a SQL server developer: Our team at TestGorilla knows that hiring decisions can be easily influenced by unconscious bias, which can get in the way of team diversity. To eliminate unconscious bias when hiring an SQL server developer and build a truly diverse team, you need an objective method of assessing applicants’ skills, such as this SQL Server online test.
• Test the values of your hires by combining the SQL skills test with other tests: One of the advantages of using TestGorilla to hire SQL Server developers is that you can build a skills assessment of up to five tests and get to know your applicants really well. From personality assessments to tests that assess culture add potential, to situational judgment tests, there’s plenty to choose from. So, use TestGorilla to check your candidates’ compatibility with your organization and their alignment with your organizational culture – and hire only the right match!
• Boost the performance of your development team: With all the granular data on applicants’ skills you’ll get with this test, you’ll get a precise sense of how they’ll perform if you hire them for your open position – and whether they’ll be able to help your team achieve its goals. Our SQL server quiz test will also incentivize applicants to pursue excellence in their SQL Server roles and improve their skills continuously.
6,000+ businesses: That’s how many companies use TestGorilla to hire top applicants. Among them, you’ll find Publicis Groupe, Majorel, Technicolor, Oracle, and many more – so you’ll be in good company!
For the best results, integrate our SQL screening test in your hiring process, preferably at its early stages, to screen applicants quickly and efficiently.
Select from 230+ skills tests and join the thousands of organizations that use our assessments to make their hiring better, faster, and more objective.