The right candidate
The perfect candidate will not only bring technical skills to your organization, but they will also be an addition to your culture. They should share common company values and be a positive influence in the workplace. The following skills will make an HTML5 developer the right candidate for your company:
• Communication: This is an essential skill, no matter which role you’re filling. A good developer who knows how to communicate, through active listening and by communicating clearly and concisely, will be a great addition to any company.
• Empathy: A web developer isn’t just a web developer – they’re also a user interface researcher, a UX designer, a psychologist, and an anthropologist. A great HTML5 developer will understand the perspectives of both customers and colleagues, and will try to write code in the way that will be most helpful to the largest number of people.
• Patience: A good web software developer needs to display patience. Coding requires detailed orientation, and the developer will need to spend a lot of time testing, fixing bugs, and making sure that their code is “clean.” This requires significant patience.
• Adaptability: Programming languages change, and they change fast. Any good web developer will have to adapt to changes and continuously learn new features and benefits to stay up-to-date with the latest innovations in their field.
• Critical thinking: A good programmer will take all the data they can find about a problem and figure out the best way forward. Candidates who want to work as HTML5 developers will have to display critical-thinking skills when approaching challenges.
• Problem-solving: The average HTML5 developer deals with problems and challenges on a daily basis. They need to be solution-oriented if they want to fix issues in the workplace.
• Teamwork: Programming is a team sport. Any programmer will almost always work with other team members to create new programs and applications (one example is pair programming). On top of this, developers have to work with designers, project managers, and even customers, so they need to be team players.
To help you find the most highly skilled candidates for the position, you may want to use a pre-employment assessment to evaluate their skills. With an HTML5 test, you can assess all of your applicants' technical skills and understand their individual aptitudes.