Finding the best candidates with the C++ (Coding) Entry-level Algorithms test
The C++ (Coding) Entry-level Algorithms test will help you evaluate candidates who are applying for a software developer role that requires a knowledge of the foundations of C++. The test will help you assess whether candidates know how to program a small algorithm in C++ and test their basic programming skills in that language.
With this test, you’ll be able to find candidates who have a basic understanding of C++. But before we get into the test’s details, let’s take a look at why C++ matters in today's business environment.
Why C++ is important
The programming language C++ was created as an extension to the already popular language C. C++ has many usages and it’s quite versatile. Below, you’ll see six of the best uses of C++:
• Applications: C++ is often used for app development, and especially graphical user interfaces. Most of Adobe’s applications, such as Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator, were created using C++.
• Games: The language is also used for developing video games. It lowers the complexity of many tools that are needed for game development. With C++, you significantly optimize resources and make coding 3D games more efficient and easy. Since it’s quite fast, it’s often used when developing games with game engines.
• Animation: There are many animation tools that were created in C++ such as tools used for 3D animation, modeling, rendering, or simulation. C++ is great when it comes to building real-time and image-processing tools.
• Media access: With this language, you can also create media players. One of the most famous media players, Winamp Media Player, was created in C++. With C++, you can create programs to access and listen to music, share video files, and stream audio and video content.
• Web browsers: C++ is also used for the development of web browsers. Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox were created with C++; other Mozilla applications such as Mozilla Thunderbird also use C++, while in Chrome it’s used to reduce large cluster data processing.
• Other uses: C++ is a versatile programming language. It’s used in medical applications such as programs for MRI scans and also in engineering applications such as CAM systems.
As you can see, this programming language has a lot of different business uses and functions. For that reason, if you need to hire someone with a solid grasp of the basics of C++, it’s essential to test their skills. The best way to do that is by using a pre-employment C++ programming test in your hiring process.