This online SEO Copywriting test evaluates a candidate’s knowledge of SEO best practices and their ability to help web pages rank in SERPs. This SEO skills test will help you hire SEO copywriting experts who can use keyword and content optimization to grow your traffic.
The test is designed by a subject matter expert to assess candidates’ skills in using keywords and understanding search behaviors, implementing on-page and offsite SEO, and optimizing website content for improved performance. You can send this online SEO test to your prospective job applicants before inviting them to an interview.
Keywords & search behaviors
Website content optimization
SEO copywriters, online content writers, and other marketing roles that require SEO knowledge such as digital marketers, marketing managers, and content marketing editors.
Search-optimized web copy can turn your website from a drain to your company's finances to one of your most powerful tools for acquiring new business. Search-optimized copy decreases your customer acquisition costs and increases your customer lifetime value by driving traffic to your site, positioning your company in Google rankings, and converting your site visitors into customers. This SEO Copywriting test evaluates candidates’ skills in using keywords and understanding search behaviors, implementing on-page and offsite SEO, and optimizing website content for improved performance. This screening test will help you identify SEO copywriting experts who know how to find and leverage relevant keywords for your organization and use them in on-page content appropriately and without incurring penalties. Candidates who score well on this test will be able to build domain authority and identify opportunities for optimizing your website’s copy to attract more qualified leads to your offers and convert them into long-term customers.
Cassandra is a content marketer and SEO expert with over a decade's experience in digital content. She uses her SEO prowess to help B2B SaaS companies optimize their conversion rates, drive down customer acquisition costs, and create compelling copy. As the leader of online content teams, Cassandra has created training materials in keyword research, Google Analytics, and SEO copywriting. Helping teams increase their competencies and learning agility is her passion (that, and cocker spaniels).
TestGorilla’s tests are created by subject matter experts. We assess potential subject-matter experts based on their knowledge, ability, and reputation. Before being published, each test is peer-reviewed by another expert, then calibrated using hundreds of test takers with relevant experience in the subject. Our feedback mechanisms and unique algorithms allow our subject-matter experts to constantly improve their tests.
TestGorilla helps me to assess engineers rapidly. Creating assessments for different positions is easy due to pre-existing templates. You can create an assessment in less than 2 minutes. The interface is intuitive and it’s easy to visualize results per assessment.
VP of Engineering, Mid-Market (51-1000 emp.)
Any tool can have functions—bells and whistles. Not every tool comes armed with staff passionate about making the user experience positive.
The TestGorilla team only offers useful insights to user challenges, they engage in conversation.
For instance, I recently asked a question about a Python test I intended to implement. Instead of receiving “oh, that test would work perfectly for your solution,” or, “at this time we’re thinking about implementing a solution that may or may not…” I received a direct and straightforward answer with additional thoughts to help shape the solution.
I hope that TestGorilla realizes the value proposition in their work is not only the platform but the type of support that’s provided.
For a bit of context—I am a diversity recruiter trying to create a platform that removes bias from the hiring process and encourages the discovery of new and unseen talent.
Chief Talent Connector, Small-Business (50 or fewer emp.)
The SEO copywriting test will be included in a PDF report along with the other tests from your assessment. You can easily download and share this report with colleagues and candidates.
The SEO copywriting test will help you assess your applicants’ knowledge of different search engine optimization (SEO) best practices. On top of that, it’ll help you identify the copywriters who know how to ensure that your content ranks highly in SERPs (search-engine results pages).
When recruiting an SEO copywriter, you want to make sure the person you hire is proficient in what they do, so they can help you rank on the first page of Google for multiple keywords and optimize your website to attract more visitors.
The SEO copywriting test will evaluate several key skills for SEO copywriting:
• Keyword research• Search behavior• On-page SEO• Offsite SEO• Website content optimization
The SEO copywriting test is great if you’re hiring for one of the following roles:
• SEO copywriter• Content writer• Web writer• Digital marketer• Marketing manager• Content marketing editor
The right SEO copywriter will help you transform your website into a true asset for your business. Instead of draining your organization’s resources, your site can help you attract thousands of new visitors and leads.
A skilled SEO copywriter can help you:
• Improve your rankings on Google and attract new visitors to your website• Increase your website traffic• Improve your visitor-to-lead conversion rates• Decrease your customer acquisition costs (how much it costs your business to acquire one customer)• Increase your customer lifetime value (how much your customers spend with you during the lifetime of the relationship)• Convert your visitors and leads to paying customers
SEO-optimizing your website can be the difference between your business doing extremely well and it slowly winding down. To ensure that your website maintains good rankings in SERPs and attracts a growing number of visitors, you need to have the right SEO copywriter on board.
That’s where the SEO Copywriting test comes into play.
Using our SEO Copywriting test when assessing the skills of your applicants will help you find the right person for the role: that is, a candidate who knows how to:
• Do keyword research to find relevant keywords that matter to your organization• Analyze search behavior to structure and frame web copy to fit your users’ intent and behavior• Implement on-page and offsite SEO by making sure your website is aligned with Google’s technical requirements to avoid penalties• Optimize web content to ensure that it follows best practices
Candidates who score well on this test can help you build your website’s domain authority, identify keyword opportunities that have high potential, and attract more sales-qualified leads (SQLs) to your product pages, converting these into paying customers.
Strong technical SEO skills are not the only thing you should be looking for in applicants.
The right candidate’s values need to align with the values of your organization to ensure a good culture-add to your team and company, and they need to have several soft skills that are essential to the role of an SEO copywriter:
• Communication skills: The right candidate needs strong communication skills. Internally, they need to communicate and actively listen to their colleagues, team members, and managers. Externally, they need to communicate what the brand is all about to a variety of stakeholders, such as visitors, leads, clients, and the general audience.
• Empathy: If you want to write great copy that’s also SEO-optimized, you need to write for people, and an SEO copywriter who has a lot of empathy can craft copy that influences them in a positive way. A skilled copywriter will be able to answer a visitor’s key questions – “Why am I here?” and “What’s in it for me?”– in a way that is meaningful to them and incites them to take action.
• Curiosity and creativity: Crafting a convincing message that nudges visitors into buying your company’s products or services requires creativity and curiosity. An SEO copywriter has to create impactful messages in a new and innovative way if they want to get people’s attention. To do this, they have to carry out a lot of research and explore every facet of the organization’s brand and products with curiosity and openness.
• Problem-solving: The right candidate will look at the problems in front of them from every possible angle until they figure out a (creative) solution to them. They will come up with a solution-oriented mindset to each issue and work on it until they make a breakthrough.
When recruiting an SEO copywriter, you need to make sure that you hire the right person to optimize your website for SEO and bring the right results to your organization.
To do this, you should use pre-employment assessment tools such as TestGorilla’s SEO Copywriting test. This pre-employment test will enable you to:
• Create a bias-free hiring process: Instead of screening CVs, give your candidates a pre-employment assessment to help eliminate hiring bias. With pre-employment assessments, all candidates’ skills are evaluated fairly. With CV screening, you might inadvertently reject great candidates, because of bias or because they failed to use the right keywords (if you use an ATS).
• Assess your applicants’ skills objectively: All candidates receive the same pre-employment test, which the platform then grades automatically. Scores are objective and easy to compare, meaning that you can quickly identify the best applicants.
• Scale your hiring with no extra effort: It makes no difference whether you have 15 or 115 applicants for your open role. Skills assessments are infinitely scalable and each one can be distributed to all of your applicants with a single click.
TestGorilla’s SEO Copywriting test assesses candidates on their skills: the most important part of the job. Our pre-employment assessments also help you evaluate applicants in areas such as personality, culture add, communication, and time management.
In addition, with pre-employment testing, you remove the need for lengthy recruitment processes and hugely reduce the time required to sift through CVs. Make the right decision for your company and recruit the best with our SEO Copywriting test.