Skills for candidates
Using our SEO Copywriting test when assessing the skills of your applicants will help you find the right person for the role: that is, a candidate who knows how to:
• Do keyword research to find relevant keywords that matter to your organization
• Analyze search behavior to structure and frame web copy to fit your users’ intent and behavior
• Implement on-page and offsite SEO by making sure your website is aligned with Google’s technical requirements to avoid penalties
• Optimize web content to ensure that it follows best practices
Candidates who score well on this test can help you build your website’s domain authority, identify keyword opportunities that have high potential, and attract more sales-qualified leads (SQLs) to your product pages, converting these into paying customers.
The right candidate
Strong technical SEO skills are not the only thing you should be looking for in applicants.
The right candidate’s values need to align with the values of your organization to ensure a good culture-add to your team and company, and they need to have several soft skills that are essential to the role of an SEO copywriter:
• Comunicazione skills: The right candidate needs strong communication skills. Internally, they need to communicate and actively listen to their colleagues, team members, and managers. Externally, they need to communicate what the brand is all about to a variety of stakeholders, such as visitors, leads, clients, and the general audience.
• Empathy: If you want to write great copy that’s also SEO-optimized, you need to write for people, and an SEO copywriter who has a lot of empathy can craft copy that influences them in a positive way. A skilled copywriter will be able to answer a visitor’s key questions – “Why am I here?” and “What’s in it for me?”– in a way that is meaningful to them and incites them to take action.
• Curiosity and creativity: Crafting a convincing message that nudges visitors into buying your company’s products or services requires creativity and curiosity. An SEO copywriter has to create impactful messages in a new and innovative way if they want to get people’s attention. To do this, they have to carry out a lot of research and explore every facet of the organization’s brand and products with curiosity and openness.
• Problem-solving: The right candidate will look at the problems in front of them from every possible angle until they figure out a (creative) solution to them. They will come up with a solution-oriented mindset to each issue and work on it until they make a breakthrough.