The DevOps test assesses candidates’ knowledge of DevOps concepts and practices and whether they can apply that knowledge to improve infrastructure, achieve faster time to market, and lower failure rates of new releases.
Administering and troubleshooting Linux operating systems
Understand and applying core programming concepts, paradigms, and patterns
Improving the IT infrastructure using infrastructure as code and cloud computing principles
Implementing DevOps practices and principles inside the organization
DevOps engineers and other roles that require a good grasp of DevOps knowledge such as developers, system administrators, or site reliability engineers.
DevOps doesn’t only bring together the development and operation processes of a business, it creates a central hub with an agile system where development and operations can work together effectively. The DevOps role has become paramount to scaling production and increasing the speed of development and iterations.
This DevOps test evaluates candidates’ ability to administer and troubleshoot Linux operating systems, understand and apply core programming concepts, paradigms, and patterns, improve an IT infrastructure using infrastructure as code and cloud computing principles, and implement DevOps practices and principles inside your organization.
Candidates who perform well on this test can easily integrate into a DevOps culture or enable it for your organization. They understand the core DevOps practices and tools and can leverage their knowledge to speed up releases from your development team, scale operations effectively, automate parts of your production cycle, and decrease failure rates.
Certified RedHat architect and Linux guru, Ion has DevOps principles running through his veins. He specializes in infrastructure as code for cloud systems using continuous integration, delivery, and deployment practices. A decade in fullstack development and DevOps engineering has given rise to Ion’s impressive list of completed projects in cloud systems, web apps, mobile apps, and automation. He most enjoys working with large data-driven applications in distributed, scalable cloud environments.
TestGorilla’s tests are created by subject matter experts. We assess potential subject-matter experts based on their knowledge, ability, and reputation. Before being published, each test is peer-reviewed by another expert, then calibrated using hundreds of test takers with relevant experience in the subject. Our feedback mechanisms and unique algorithms allow our subject-matter experts to constantly improve their tests.
TestGorilla helps me to assess engineers rapidly. Creating assessments for different positions is easy due to pre-existing templates. You can create an assessment in less than 2 minutes. The interface is intuitive and it’s easy to visualize results per assessment.
VP of Engineering, Mid-Market (51-1000 emp.)
Any tool can have functions—bells and whistles. Not every tool comes armed with staff passionate about making the user experience positive.
The TestGorilla team only offers useful insights to user challenges, they engage in conversation.
For instance, I recently asked a question about a Python test I intended to implement. Instead of receiving “oh, that test would work perfectly for your solution,” or, “at this time we’re thinking about implementing a solution that may or may not…” I received a direct and straightforward answer with additional thoughts to help shape the solution.
I hope that TestGorilla realizes the value proposition in their work is not only the platform but the type of support that’s provided.
For a bit of context—I am a diversity recruiter trying to create a platform that removes bias from the hiring process and encourages the discovery of new and unseen talent.
Chief Talent Connector, Small-Business (50 or fewer emp.)
The DevOps test will be included in a PDF report along with the other tests from your assessment. You can easily download and share this report with colleagues and candidates.
An online DevOps skills test is a pre-employment skills assessment that helps you evaluate your candidates’ expertise in DevOps and Linux operating systems in a faster and bias-free manner.
The DevOps online skills test - designed by subject-matter experts - assesses the practical experience and skills of a candidate in a data-driven way.
The role of DevOps engineers is fundamental to combining software development processes with IT operations. Therefore, you need to find candidates with the right skills to successfully fill your organization’s open job position.
But that’s easier said than done in today’s market. Several obstacles can prevent you from finding, attracting, assessing, and hiring great candidates:
• Limited qualified talent: You’re probably getting more applications than you can go through in detail. The problem is that most applicants aren’t a good match for your open DevOps role. Many candidates use the shotgun approach to send job applications; they apply to a lot of different companies without closely reviewing the job requirements and hoping that something sticks. Even if you get 200 applications per open position, you’ll probably only receive a handful of good candidates, and it’s difficult to pick them out among the others.
• Overdependence on resumes: If you use a traditional recruitment approach, you probably look through countless resumes to determine if your candidates have the right skills. But this overreliance on resumes can cause you to assess candidates based on their resume-writing skills instead of their actual practical skills.
• Hiring bias: You probably receive a ton of applications for your open role. Even after you sift through all of them and shortlist candidates, you’re never quite sure if the shortlist comprises the best candidates. Unconscious bias can easily creep into a resume-based hiring process and cause you to shortlist unqualified applicants.
Luckily for you, there’s a simple solution to all of these problems: pre-employment tests.
A pre-employment test like the DevOps skills test can solve many of your hiring process problems.
When you use a DevOps skills assessment in your recruitment process, you can easily hire a candidate who is able to combine your company’s development and operation processes, create an agile development system, and help ensure that operations can be scaled effectively.
The test lasts for 10 minutes and is geared toward intermediate-level DevOps engineers. It evaluates candidates based on their ability to do the following:
• Administer and troubleshoot Linux operating systems• Understand and apply core programming concepts, paradigms, and patterns• Improve IT infrastructure using infrastructure as code and cloud computing principles• Implement DevOps practices and principles within an organization
Look for candidates who score well on the test since this proves that they have the right skills, experience, and expertise in DevOps. These applicants understand the core practices and tools needed to operate successfully as DevOps engineers and would be a great fit for the open role in your organization.
The data that you get from the test will enable you to make informed hiring decisions. It’s easy to identify which candidates have the best skills based on their scores on the DevOps test.
This test will be extremely helpful if you want to hire DevOps engineers, system administrators, site reliability engineers, or any professionals who require DevOps skills, knowledge, and expertise.
When you use the DevOps pre-employment test, you’ll solve many of the problems in your hiring process:
• Assess more applicants quickly: There’s no need to spend countless hours screening resumes. When you receive hundreds of applications in your hiring process, simply give all of your candidates a pre-employment test like the DevOps skills assessment. It makes no difference whether you have 20 or 220 candidates – you can send the test to all of them with a single click and wait for the results.
• Eliminate hiring bias: In an ideal world, hiring managers could look through every resume and shortlist only the most qualified candidates. But the reality is that unconscious biases inevitably affect the decision-making process, meaning you’re likely to miss out on the best candidates in the hiring process. But with a pre-employment test, you can completely avoid this problem. Once you send the candidates the test, you just wait for the results to come and then pick the top applicants based on their test scores.
• Assess candidates’ real abilities – not their resume-writing skills: When you rely on resumes, you’re actually assessing how well the candidates write and present their education and past experience instead of evaluating their real skills. With a pre-employment test, you give applicants an opportunity to prove their skills. The test results will reflect their actual abilities and nothing else.
If you’re looking for talent with top DevOps skills, check out our pre-employment tests. We’ve already helped Sony, Oracle, PepsiCo, H&M, and 5,800 other companies implement pre-employment assessments in their hiring process.
Don’t leave your hiring process to chance. Choose TestGorilla, and use the DevOps skills assessment to hire the most skilled candidate for your business.