The online Shopify skills test evaluates candidates’ knowledge and competency in developing, customizing, and managing a Shopify store. This pre-employment screening test will help you hire Shopify developers who can handle all your e-commerce needs using the Shopify platform.
Shopify experts who can set up, customize, and manage a store on the Shopify platform.
Shopify is one of the leading e-commerce software platforms that allows business owners to sell digital and physical products, services, classes, membership, and anything else online. While comes with themes and apps to help anyone set up a store, if you want a solution customized to the exact needs of your business, you’ll need an expert to help you leverage the platform’s full capabilities.
This Shopify test assesses candidates’ expertise in Shopify across four key areas: development of a store, management of a store, advanced customization using code, and the use of applications to extend Shopify’s functionality.
Candidates who perform well on this test have a well-rounded understanding of the platform and experience using all aspects of it to help you set up and grow your online store successfully. These candidates know not only how to write code in Liquid (Shopify’s coding language) or how the various apps and features in Shopify work. They also understand why you need these and when to boost your e-commerce business.
As a Shopify developer, Carmel has one focus: Achieving the highest possible ROI for her clients. Clear communication and laser-focused research skills allow her to create innovative and effective e-commerce solutions for every client’s needs.
TestGorilla’s tests are created by subject matter experts. We assess potential subject-matter experts based on their knowledge, ability, and reputation. Before being published, each test is peer-reviewed by another expert, then calibrated using hundreds of test takers with relevant experience in the subject. Our feedback mechanisms and unique algorithms allow our subject-matter experts to constantly improve their tests.
TestGorilla helps me to assess engineers rapidly. Creating assessments for different positions is easy due to pre-existing templates. You can create an assessment in less than 2 minutes. The interface is intuitive and it’s easy to visualize results per assessment.
VP of Engineering, Mid-Market (51-1000 emp.)
Any tool can have functions—bells and whistles. Not every tool comes armed with staff passionate about making the user experience positive.
The TestGorilla team only offers useful insights to user challenges, they engage in conversation.
For instance, I recently asked a question about a Python test I intended to implement. Instead of receiving “oh, that test would work perfectly for your solution,” or, “at this time we’re thinking about implementing a solution that may or may not…” I received a direct and straightforward answer with additional thoughts to help shape the solution.
I hope that TestGorilla realizes the value proposition in their work is not only the platform but the type of support that’s provided.
For a bit of context—I am a diversity recruiter trying to create a platform that removes bias from the hiring process and encourages the discovery of new and unseen talent.
Chief Talent Connector, Small-Business (50 or fewer emp.)
The Shopify test will be included in a PDF report along with the other tests from your assessment. You can easily download and share this report with colleagues and candidates.
The Shopify test will help you evaluate which candidates have the necessary Shopify knowledge to develop, customize, and manage a Shopify store successfully. This test will help you find the right Shopify developers who can help you make the most of the platform and use all its features and customization capabilities.
The test covers four main areas:
• Store development• Store management• Advanced customization• Shopify applications
The test is the perfect way to test candidates and find the most talented Shopify experts among them, who know how to set up, customize, and manage a Shopify store efficiently.
If Shopify is your eCommerce platform of choice, you need to hire a candidate who is well-versed in it: After all, you’re picking someone who will be in charge of your online store. Shopify is a leading eCommerce platform enabling owners to sell digital and physical products online.
Even though you can use the platform's applications and themes to set up your store yourself, if you’re managing a store with tens or hundreds of product listings and a big inventory, it’s a good idea to hire someone who can customize the platform to your business needs. This makes it crucial to pick the right candidate during the hiring process, the one that’s an expert in creating and managing advanced Shopify stores.
The platform has a lot of features and it’s up to the Shopify expert you hire to make full use of all of them and be smart about the different opportunities they’ll have to grow your organization’s sales.
That’s precisely why our Shopify test measures candidates’ experience in four distinct areas: developing and managing a store, customizing it by using code, and using the right Shopify applications for different use cases.
Candidates who score well on the test will have the knowledge, skills, and experience to help you develop your store, grow your online presence, and boost your sales. On top of that, the right candidate will know how to write code (in Liquid) and use it in Shopify, and they will also know what apps and features would work best for your type of business.
The right candidate will need to have a combination of skills to make the most of the Shopify platform. Let’s look at the most important ones:
• UX/UI: A good Shopify expert will create a store that’s aligned with the best practices in user experience and design. For this, they need to have a solid understanding of UX/UI.
• SEO: An online store will bring in sales only if people are able to find it. To ensure that people visit your site, the Shopify expert will have to be well-versed in SEO and optimize your store to make it easily discoverable via search engines such as Google or Bing.
• Marketing strategy: The approach “if you build it, they will come” doesn’t work in today’s hyper-competitive marketspaces. Your Shopify expert will have to create marketing strategies and marketing campaigns to attract people to the store, keep them on the site, incite them to make a purchase, and also to return.
• Copywriting: The Shopify expert you hire might also have to write copy for your online store, in tandem with your marketing team or alone. He needs to have strong copywriting skills to be able to present the products in a unique way, nudging visitors to make a purchase.
• Graphic design: To attract people’s attention, you need a beautiful online store. Candidates will need to have at least some graphic design skills to ensure that your site catches the eye of visitors.
• Strong problem-solving skills: The right candidate will have a solution-oriented mindset and be able to attack problems from a few different angles until they reach a breakthrough.
• Good self-discipline and time management: The right Shopify expert will be able to create, maintain, and manage your Shopify store, and to do that, they need to have excellent time management skills and self-discipline. The candidate will need to create a plan and stick to it, adhering to deadlines and ensuring that they’re always on track.
• Great communication skills: The ideal candidate will also have great communication skills. Internally, they will have to communicate with their peers, colleagues, and managers, using active listening and making sure that they get their message across. Externally, they will have to communicate the brand’s message and products to visitors, leads, and the general audience.
The easiest way to hire the right Shopify expert to manage your online store is by using TestGorilla’s Shopify test. This pre-employment test enables you to:
• Build a bias-free recruitment process: With pre-employment tests, candidates are evaluated only on their skills. Screening CVs is prone to bias, and with it, you risk rejecting some of your best candidates – or having to interview applicants who simply don’t have the right qualifications for the job. Pre-employment tests, on the other hand, help you ensure that all candidates get an equal opportunity to prove their worth and demonstrate their knowledge.
• Assess skills objectively: Test results are automatically calculated, which makes them quantifiable, objective, and easy to compare. You can then analyze candidates’ results and instantly see who performed best, or also compare candidates’ scores and decide who to invite to an interview.
• Scale hiring with no extra effort: It makes no difference whether you’ve received 5, 50, or 500 applications – you can distribute the test to all candidates with a simple click. In addition, TestGorilla can integrate with a growing number of applicant tracking systems, making your recruitment process even more efficient.
The right Shopify expert will have the skills to create, develop, and manage your online store on the platform and help you boost your sales. It’s crucial to evaluate candidates’ skills objectively to be able to hire the best talent for the job.
With TestGorilla, you can hire the best candidate faster with a process that is simpler and bias-free. With our Shopify test, assessing applicants’ expertise and knowledge to find the right match becomes much easier. Pre-employment testing also removes the need for CVs and frees up valuable time to focus on interviewing candidates.