This Ruby on Rails test evaluates candidates’ skills in using the Ruby on Rails framework. This test will help you identify candidates who can use Ruby on Rails efficiently and work independently on development projects.
Action Controller & Routing
Action View & Action Helpers
Ruby on Rails developers and other programming roles that require a strong grasp of the Ruby on Rails framework.
The Ruby on Rails framework enables developers to create apps faster while focusing on the business features and logic of the app, rather than boilerplate code. Ruby on Rails also makes it easy to make changes on the go, making the framework particularly suited to rapid application development (RAD).
This Ruby on Rails (RoR) test evaluates candidates' skills in using the framework by assessing them in the four essential areas of Ruby on Rails: Active Record, Action Controller and Routing, Action View and Action Helpers, and advanced concepts (like Action Mailers and Worker Classes).
This screening test will help you identify candidates who have hands-on experience with Ruby on Rails and can solve typical issues that come up on a daily basis when working with Ruby on Rails applications. Through scenario-based questions that include code snapshots and queries, the test focuses on and evaluates candidates' practical skills and abilities to help you identify Ruby on Rails developers who can solve real-world problems.
TestGorilla’s tests are created by subject matter experts. We assess potential subject-matter experts based on their knowledge, ability, and reputation. Before being published, each test is peer-reviewed by another expert, then calibrated using hundreds of test takers with relevant experience in the subject. Our feedback mechanisms and unique algorithms allow our subject-matter experts to constantly improve their tests.
TestGorilla helps me to assess engineers rapidly. Creating assessments for different positions is easy due to pre-existing templates. You can create an assessment in less than 2 minutes. The interface is intuitive and it’s easy to visualize results per assessment.
VP of Engineering, Mid-Market (51-1000 emp.)
Any tool can have functions—bells and whistles. Not every tool comes armed with staff passionate about making the user experience positive.
The TestGorilla team only offers useful insights to user challenges, they engage in conversation.
For instance, I recently asked a question about a Python test I intended to implement. Instead of receiving “oh, that test would work perfectly for your solution,” or, “at this time we’re thinking about implementing a solution that may or may not…” I received a direct and straightforward answer with additional thoughts to help shape the solution.
I hope that TestGorilla realizes the value proposition in their work is not only the platform but the type of support that’s provided.
For a bit of context—I am a diversity recruiter trying to create a platform that removes bias from the hiring process and encourages the discovery of new and unseen talent.
Chief Talent Connector, Small-Business (50 or fewer emp.)
The Ruby on Rails test will be included in a PDF report along with the other tests from your assessment. You can easily download and share this report with colleagues and candidates.
Ruby on Rails is a development tool that provides a framework and structure to programmers for the code they need to write. It’s a full-service web framework and language that primarily helps programmers develop web and mobile applications.
The Rails framework works wonders when it comes to developing code. It enables software developers to build applications more easily by emphasizing convention over configuration. A developer doesn't have to worry about file configuration, because Ruby on Rails does it for them. Rails has an integrated set of conventions that speeds up the entire process, helping developers code faster and use their time more efficiently.
Many developers started using Ruby on Rails to develop applications because the language allows for easier API integrations and the software is based on a client-server relationship. It’s a part of Agile web development, an iterative programming method that’s strongly aligned with flexibility and constant iterations, which is perfect for apps.
Finding a candidate who’s well-versed in the programming language is a big advantage. If your candidate will use the framework for various tasks, you should ensure they have the necessary skills and experience to operate the programming language.
A qualified candidate should know how to work effectively on:
• Active Record• Action Controller and Routing• Action View and Action Helpers• Advanced concepts
When hiring for the role of a Ruby on Rails programmer, you may want to assess your applicants’ overall grasp of the framework. This will help you ensure that you hire the right candidate.
In addition to the right technical skills, the successful candidate should also have a set of soft skills relevant to the open role:
• Communication skills: A software developer working in Ruby on Rails will have to communicate effectively to others what they do in the framework so that they can work together to create the best possible desktop and mobile apps.
• Learning mentality: All programming languages are constantly being updated, and Ruby on Rails is no different. It’s currently in its seventh iteration, and a good programmer needs to stay up-to-date and continue learning relevant skills.
• Solution-oriented mindset: When facing problems and challenges, which will be almost daily, your candidate will have to look at the situation from different perspectives to find the best possible solution.
• Team player: Long gone are the days when a programmer sat alone in a room coding. The modern workplace requires collaboration between different software developers, so being a team player is essential for any candidate to succeed.
• Critical-thinking skills: When dealing with a problem, a software developer may have to extract insights from data to make a sound decision, and critical-thinking skills will help the candidate when doing so.
• Culture add: The right candidate isn’t just someone with the right set of hard and soft skills. You should also look at how closely applicants align with your organization's values and whether they can positively influence your company’s culture.
To ensure you pick the right candidate during your hiring process, you should use a pre-employment test like TestGorilla’s Ruby on Rails test. Using a pre-employment test at the beginning of your recruitment process can help you gain insight and see if applicants have hands-on experience working in Ruby on Rails. Let’s take a look at how this test can help you hire.
When recruiting for the role of software developer in Ruby on Rails, you should give your applicants a pre-employment Ruby on Rails test. And here are four key reasons why:
No more CVs: Screening resumes is cumbersome, time-consuming, and ineffective. Our pre-employment tests like the Ruby on Rails test, eliminate the need for CVs, focusing instead on evaluating candidates’ proven skillsets.
• Bias-free hiring process: When screening applicants, you should give them a pre-employment test as the first step in your recruitment process, so that all candidates have the opportunity to show their skills. This enables you to evaluate all applicants according to their skills – and since every candidate takes the same test, you eliminate any potential bias from the hiring process.
• Objective scoring: All applicants get the same Ruby on Rails test with the same questions, so the results give you an objective score for each candidate. Your hiring manager can simply look at the numerical results and determine which candidate scored highest on the test.
• Easy and simple to use: When using the Ruby on Rails test, it makes no difference how many applications you receive during your hiring process. Your hiring manager will simply send the test with one click, and you can sit back and wait for the results.
The Ruby on Rails framework helps software engineers create mobile and desktop applications by enabling developers to focus on the business features of the app instead of just the code. Ruby on Rails is suited for rapid application development because it enables developers to make quick changes.
When hiring a software developer with Ruby on Rails in their stack, you need to ensure you find the right candidate the first time. TestGorilla’s Ruby on Rails test is a simple and effective way to gain in-depth information about your programming applicants and to see who will be the best fit for the job. While recruiting, you can also test candidates on additional technical skills, soft skills, or culture add to see which candidate is the best fit overall.
Start your recruitment process today and find the best developers with the Ruby on Rails test.