This PPC advertising test evaluates candidates’ skills in pay-per-click advertising, including planning, activating, and optimizing paid ad campaigns. This test evaluates the candidates’ ability to make sound choices in typical, paid marketing scenarios.
Ability to plan, execute, and measure
Audiences and targeting
Platforms and ads
Strategies and optimizations
PPC Specialists, PPC Account Managers, Digital Marketing Managers, Digital Marketing Analysts, Paid Advertising Specialists, and any other role requiring a strong grasp of PPC advertising.
Launching a new business or product, increasing sales, entering new markets, displacing a competitor, and attracting new segments: All of these business objectives (and more) are met with support from paid advertising.
Paid advertising—including search advertising, display advertising, social media advertising, and affiliates—is an integral part of most digital marketing jobs and often the main requirement.
This PPC advertising test evaluates candidates’ skills in planning, executing, and measuring pay-per-click (PPC) campaigns; effective audience targeting; identifying and utilizing the right platforms; and strategizing and optimizing ads and campaigns.
Candidates who perform well on this test have all the necessary technical skills to handle PPC advertising and the professional judgment to be trusted with the largest portion of your marketing budget to bring in the desired results.
Olena Danilchenko is a senior marketing strategist with 25+ years of international experience building and growing highly performing marketing and consulting teams in F500, innovative startups, Digital Marketing Agencies, Big 4 Consulting, and finally, her own US-based advisory practice.
Olena’s strategic, customer-centric, and comprehensive omni-channel approach to growth hacking and conversion optimization helps clients around the world increase their marketing ROI and achieve their goals.
TestGorilla’s tests are created by subject matter experts. We assess potential subject-matter experts based on their knowledge, ability, and reputation. Before being published, each test is peer-reviewed by another expert, then calibrated using hundreds of test takers with relevant experience in the subject.
Our feedback mechanisms and unique algorithms allow our subject-matter experts to constantly improve their tests.
TestGorilla helps me to assess engineers rapidly. Creating assessments for different positions is easy due to pre-existing templates. You can create an assessment in less than 2 minutes. The interface is intuitive and it’s easy to visualize results per assessment.
VP of Engineering, Mid-Market (51-1000 emp.)
Any tool can have functions—bells and whistles. Not every tool comes armed with staff passionate about making the user experience positive.
The TestGorilla team only offers useful insights to user challenges, they engage in conversation.
For instance, I recently asked a question about a Python test I intended to implement. Instead of receiving “oh, that test would work perfectly for your solution,” or, “at this time we’re thinking about implementing a solution that may or may not…” I received a direct and straightforward answer with additional thoughts to help shape the solution.
I hope that TestGorilla realizes the value proposition in their work is not only the platform but the type of support that’s provided.
For a bit of context—I am a diversity recruiter trying to create a platform that removes bias from the hiring process and encourages the discovery of new and unseen talent.
Chief Talent Connector, Small-Business (50 or fewer emp.)
The PPC advertising test will be included in a PDF report along with the other tests from your assessment. You can easily download and share this report with colleagues and candidates.
Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising is a marketing tool that enables advertisers to pay for their online commercials only when visitors actually click on an ad. PPC advertising is vital for businesses that work online because it means they can measure the effectiveness of their marketing channels and messages.
Most marketing teams have little idea how effective their marketing is and which aspects of their efforts are strong or weak. However, with PPC advertising, you gain clear analytics that show you what works and how well it works – and what doesn’t work.
PPC advertising has many benefits, but the following five hold the key to success:
1. It’s cost-effective: Most PPC advertising campaigns are cost-effective. You have a designated budget and you’re willing to spend a certain amount of funds to get the number of clicks you need. The best thing about PPC advertising is that you can tweak your campaigns until they’re fully optimized. That’s how you get the most out of your marketing budget: You pay according to the number of people who clicked on your material, whether that click leads them to your website, your contact form, or your product.
2. It enables retargeting: Remarketing is one of the most effective marketing tactics. With PPC advertising, you can retarget the customers who visited your website or placed products in their shopping cart but haven’t made a purchase yet. With PPC advertising, you create marketing campaigns that target precisely those customers to persuade them to return to your store.
3. It provides multifunctional data: The data you receive from PPC advertising is extremely valuable, and you can use it in multiple ways. One of the best strategies is to use the data to enhance your SEO marketing efforts: You can see what your audience clicks on the most and create content topics around those ideas. In addition, using the data to find out what your audience is most interested in can be useful for developing innovative new products and services.
4. You control the spending: Your PPC specialist will be in charge of your ad spending. So you control the budget, and you can calculate the return on investment you’re getting for every $1 invested in your ad budget. The beauty of it is that you know where every single dollar of your advertising budget went.
5. It provides instant traffic: With PPC advertising, you set up the marketing campaigns shown to your target audience. As soon as they click on the material, they go to your website, product page, or landing page. The great thing about PPC advertising is that it provides instant traffic. You don’t have to wait for months to start generating traffic to your website, as you do with SEO. You get it immediately.
One of the best ways to measure a candidate’s ability to work effectively with PPC campaigns is with a pre-employment test like a PPC test.
Our PPC Advertising test helps you evaluate the candidate’s skill set in pay-per-click campaigns, including elements such as planning, activating, executing, and optimizing. With the PPC test, you can properly evaluate candidates and find the one who will make the right decisions when it comes to paid marketing campaigns.
The PPC test evaluates the following skills:
• PPC channels and paid marketing management• Search and display advertising• Operational skills and advertising in social media and ecommerce platforms
You should use a PPC test when you’re hiring for one of the following roles:
• PPC specialist• PPC manager• PPC account manager• Digital marketing manager• Paid advertising specialist• Digital marketing analyst
PPC advertising is an effective tool whether you’re launching a new business or creating a new product, and whether you want to increase sales or enter a new market. With paid advertising in the hands of an expert, you can achieve all of these objectives and more.
With the PPC test, you will evaluate candidates’ skills in pay-per-click campaigns, executing search and display advertising, and creating social advertising. Candidates who perform well in the test will have experience with PPC advertising and are likely to be able to fill your open marketing role successfully.
You want to make sure that you find the right candidate for your PPC advertising role, and using a pre-employment test will help you make the best hire. Here are four reasons why you should use the PPC test in your recruitment process:
• Bias-free hiring: When you use a pre-employment test, you give every candidate an equal opportunity to prove their skills. You eliminate bias from the hiring process because all your applicants are evaluated on their performance in the same test.
• Test hard and soft skills: TestGorilla’s pre-employment tests can help you evaluate candidates on not only their hard or technical skills, but also their soft skills. Our tests include tests such as personality and culture add.
• Objective results: The test is the same for everyone, so the benchmark is also the same for all candidates. In addition, the results you receive are numerical, so you can easily see which candidates scored higher and have the right skills for PPC advertising.
• Easy and straightforward to use: When you’re using a PPC test, it makes no difference if you receive 50 or 200 applications. You can simply send the pre-employment test to all your candidates with a single click.
Our PPC Advertising test enables you to assess job applicants on pay-per-click campaign skills, including planning, activating, executing, and optimizing. By adding this PPC test to your recruitment process, you can make sure that you hire the best possible candidate.
With TestGorilla’s pre-employment tests, you can streamline your recruitment process and discover which applicants have the skills that the role demands. Our tests, like the PPC test, also provide you with objective and bias-free results that show you which candidates have the necessary skills to succeed in the job.