This test evaluates potential CNC machinists’ knowledge and experience in operating, programming, and machining parts using CNC machines and will identify candidates who are proficient in the field and can prove their experience in CNC manufacturing.
Devising CNC operations
Operating CNC machines appropriately
Programming CNC machines
CNC machinists, manufacturing specialists, production workers, machinists
CNC machining is a revolutionary manufacturing process where infinite amounts of parts can be produced that ensure a high level of detail and precision, and range from unlimited designs along with a vast number of different materials.
CNC machines require an operator who has a high level of technical and problem-solving skills and who can adapt to diverse situations and optimize the efficiency of the machine itself and the tools used in the machining process.
A CNC machinist should create their knowledge foundation through technical information, but will eventually become proficient during the time spent experiencing and operating CNC machines.
The CNC machinist test evaluates a candidate's proven experience in this field, where knowledge and know-how can only be acquired with experience and time spent machining. This test will reveal a candidate's capability to operate a CNC machine correctly and ensure the problem-solving and machining skills needed to manufacture parts that meet the requirements expected.
Emilio has a degree in product design and manufacturing and he has worked across a number of roles, including as a CAD/CAM Technical Designer and CNC Machinist. Currently, he works in the automotive lean manufacturing industry. Emilio is professionally trained on industrial and tabletop CNC machines, CAM programming, and a wide range of associated software programs.
TestGorilla’s tests are created by subject matter experts. We assess potential subject-matter experts based on their knowledge, ability, and reputation. Before being published, each test is peer-reviewed by another expert, then calibrated using hundreds of test takers with relevant experience in the subject. Our feedback mechanisms and unique algorithms allow our subject-matter experts to constantly improve their tests.
TestGorilla helps me to assess engineers rapidly. Creating assessments for different positions is easy due to pre-existing templates. You can create an assessment in less than 2 minutes. The interface is intuitive and it’s easy to visualize results per assessment.
VP of Engineering, Mid-Market (51-1000 emp.)
Any tool can have functions—bells and whistles. Not every tool comes armed with staff passionate about making the user experience positive.
The TestGorilla team only offers useful insights to user challenges, they engage in conversation.
For instance, I recently asked a question about a Python test I intended to implement. Instead of receiving “oh, that test would work perfectly for your solution,” or, “at this time we’re thinking about implementing a solution that may or may not…” I received a direct and straightforward answer with additional thoughts to help shape the solution.
I hope that TestGorilla realizes the value proposition in their work is not only the platform but the type of support that’s provided.
For a bit of context—I am a diversity recruiter trying to create a platform that removes bias from the hiring process and encourages the discovery of new and unseen talent.
Chief Talent Connector, Small-Business (50 or fewer emp.)
The CNC machinist (imperial measurements) test will be included in a PDF report along with the other tests from your assessment. You can easily download and share this report with colleagues and candidates.
An online CNC machinist (imperial measurements) test is a pre-employment skills assessment that helps you evaluate your candidates’ knowledge and experience in operating, programming, and machining parts using CNC machines. If you need to hire a CNC machinist for your team and are hoping to be able to find the right candidate easily, this CNC test is for you. It’s the most efficient method to test CNC machine operator skills and to guarantee your candidates have sufficient knowledge to join your business.
You can use this expert-crafted CNC test to hire the best candidate with the right skills for your position – even if you have no CNC knowledge yourself.
Expert CNC skills are important in the manufacturing world. A CNC operator will have the right problem-solving mindset and industry-relevant technical skills to maximize the efficiency and optimization of machining operations. They understand how to use the tools effectively and are able to operate CNC machines with ease.
Finding the right person for your team can be challenging, however. You need to make sure they have the right blend of soft skills, such as communication, and hard skills, such as mechanical design and knowledge of technical drawings – and this is not an easy task if you’re using traditional hiring methods. You have to screen a number of applications in a short time to filter out unqualified CNC machinists for your role. So, what’s the best way to do this quickly and efficiently?
Our CNC machine operator skills test will help you handle any hiring woes you have previously encountered when hiring a CNC machinist for your team. Assess multiple skills with a CNC assessment test, put resume screening aside (and forget about the resume screening process entirely), and focus entirely on candidates who you know have the right CNC machinist skills for your organization using this CNC test.
Use our CNC Machine Operator skills test to evaluate candidates’ skills and determine whether they have the right capabilities, knowledge, and experience for the role. With TestGorilla’s test, you can easily evaluate the three most important CNC machinist skills:
• Expertise in devising CNC operations: Devising CNC operations successfully involves determining which machining operation needs to be performed and then defining the right processing sequence and the machining order. Find out whether your applicants have the required expertise in designing CNC operations with our CNC machine operator skills test.
• Proficiency in CNC machine programming: The test also enables you to determine whether your applicants understand how to make a set of program instructions to ensure the computer can control all machine tools. You’ll learn whether applicants have the necessary coding skills to create programs capable of handling machine functions.
• Sufficient knowledge to operate CNC machines effectively: Do your candidates have the right knowledge of how to operate CNC machines effectively and enhance operations and automation? You can use our CNC test to find out.
This CNC test enables you to accurately evaluate applicants’ skills and make objective, data-driven hiring decisions.
The platform will calculate candidates’ results automatically, so you need to simply look at their test scores to instantly identify the best talent and filter out the ones who don’t meet your requirements for the role. This way, you can make hiring decisions based on applicants’ actual skills and strengths, rather than their self-evaluation or your own biases.
There are several advantages of using the CNC Machine Operator skills test in your hiring process. Integrate this test into your recruitment process to:
• Eliminate unconscious bias: Even the most experienced hiring professionals can have their own unconscious biases, and this can be detrimental to your hiring process and the diversity and performance of your workforce. Use a CNC test to eliminate unconscious bias from your decision-making process and hire applicants based on their skills and knowledge.
• Avoid costly mis-hires: When hiring a CNC machinist, it can be challenging to find someone whose skill level matches the requirements of the open role. If you fail to evaluate their skills accurately, you may end up hiring the wrong candidate – and mis-hires can be very costly and have a negative impact on the entire team’s productivity and motivation. Thankfully, they can be avoided if you use a CNC assessment test.
With TestGorilla’s CNC test, you’re able to evaluate applicants’ skills accurately and avoid costly hiring mistakes. You can combine multiple tests in a single assessment to gain a better understanding of each candidate’s strengths and knowledge.
• Hire the best CNC machinists faster: Recruitment times are often long, especially for technical positions like the role of a CNC machine operator. With our test, however, you’re able to replace the lengthy and inefficient CV screening process and directly evaluate applicants’ skills, simultaneously reducing your time to hire and improving the quality of hire. Hire the best applicants in a fraction of the time.
Our experts understand the challenges you face. That’s why we created the CNC test, which is the best way to tackle them and simplify recruitment.
Companies like H&M and Oracle – and more than 5000 others – have used TestGorilla’s tests to hire exceptional talent. Join them today to build a stress-free, bias-free hiring process and hire the experts your business needs.