This online Italian (proficient) test evaluates a candidate’s knowledge of the Italian language at the C1 level of the CEFR framework. This pre-employment skills test will help you hire employees who can participate in demanding professional and social conversations in Italian.
Basic grammar and vocabulary
Editors, writers, content creators, customer success managers, and other employees that need to be proficient in Italian to perform well in their roles.
Employees who are proficient in Italian will enrich your company’s internal and external communications by clearly and effectively discussing ideas, plans, and goals with customers and colleagues. They will also be able to write clear well-structured reports, presentations, and other material in Italian to help promote the company’s brand and ideas to others.
The Italian (proficient/C1) test evaluates a candidate’s ability to communicate at the C1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) for Languages. The test evaluates candidates in the areas of grammar and vocabulary, sentence composition, reading comprehension, and listening comprehension.
Employees who are proficient in Italian can express themselves fluently and spontaneously without much searching for expressions. They can understand demanding, longer texts and recognize implicit meaning in both written and verbal communications. They use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic, and professional purposes and can produce clear, well-structured, detailed texts on complex subjects, showing a controlled use of organizational patterns, connectors, and cohesive devices.
Driven by a desire to achieve excellence in all aspects of her work, Ilaria D’Adamo is a passionate translator and Italian-language teacher. This Calabria native believes that communication is at the core of any successful interaction because establishing a clear understanding of goals is the only way to succeed both in and out of the classroom. Polyglot Ilaria has been studying languages for over 10 years. She has mastered German, English, and French, and holds certificates in all three.
TestGorilla’s tests are created by subject matter experts. We assess potential subject-matter experts based on their knowledge, ability, and reputation. Before being published, each test is peer-reviewed by another expert, then calibrated using hundreds of test takers with relevant experience in the subject. Our feedback mechanisms and unique algorithms allow our subject-matter experts to constantly improve their tests.
TestGorilla helps me to assess engineers rapidly. Creating assessments for different positions is easy due to pre-existing templates. You can create an assessment in less than 2 minutes. The interface is intuitive and it’s easy to visualize results per assessment.
VP of Engineering, Mid-Market (51-1000 emp.)
Any tool can have functions—bells and whistles. Not every tool comes armed with staff passionate about making the user experience positive.
The TestGorilla team only offers useful insights to user challenges, they engage in conversation.
For instance, I recently asked a question about a Python test I intended to implement. Instead of receiving “oh, that test would work perfectly for your solution,” or, “at this time we’re thinking about implementing a solution that may or may not…” I received a direct and straightforward answer with additional thoughts to help shape the solution.
I hope that TestGorilla realizes the value proposition in their work is not only the platform but the type of support that’s provided.
For a bit of context—I am a diversity recruiter trying to create a platform that removes bias from the hiring process and encourages the discovery of new and unseen talent.
Chief Talent Connector, Small-Business (50 or fewer emp.)
The Italian (proficient/C1) test will be included in a PDF report along with the other tests from your assessment. You can easily download and share this report with colleagues and candidates.
An online Italian proficiency test is a pre-employment skills assessment that helps you evaluate your candidates’ expertise in the Italian language at the C1 level of the CEFR framework in a faster and bias-free manner. The Italian proficiency test, built by the experts at TestGorilla, was crafted with a clear objective: to ensure your new hires can express themselves verbally and in writing and interpret spoken and written communication in Italian.
This test is one of a kind because it is based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) and tests applicants’ C1-level Italian fluency.
Need a way to determine whether your candidates can communicate flawlessly in Italian and interpret complex Italian texts at the C1 level? That’s exactly what this Italian proficiency test was designed for. Our experts crafted this test to enable you to hire fluent Italian experts and build the right team with the best language skills.
C1-level Italian fluency and language skills are vital to your company for many reasons.
For example, suppose your team holds discussions with employees working for companies based in Italian-speaking countries. In that case, your team will need to mitigate the complexity of negotiating business deals, making business transactions, or offering services in Italian when speaking with clients or stakeholders.
Having a C1-level Italian speaker onboard will simplify your international communication and make the process smoother. Employees with Italian language skills will make the perfect impression on Italian-speaking international organizations.
However, you’ll likely face a few challenges when hiring Italian speakers. Unconscious bias may cause you to favor the wrong candidates, leading to mis-hires. You may spend too much time reviewing resumes written in Italian, or you may just find it difficult to tell which candidate has the best skills out of all the applicants who applied for your vacancy.
Looking for ways to make the hiring process more manageable? The best method is to use this Italian proficiency test.
The greatest advantage of using this Italian fluency test is that it will measure every skill needed to be proficient in the Italian language. Find out if your candidates have mastered the Italian subskills below with this Italian fluency test.
• Understanding of Italian grammar and vocabulary: Your applicants’ grammatical and vocabulary knowledge determines whether they can coherently interpret and express themselves in the Italian language. Use the test to find out whether the scope of your applicants’ vocabulary is wide enough for them to lead conversations competently for your business.
• Sentence composition skills in Italian: Whether your applicants will be composing letters, writing emails, putting together company handbooks, or compiling presentations to share with stakeholders, sentence composition skills in Italian are critical. Use the Italian proficiency test to gauge your applicants’ proficiency in Italian sentence composition.
• Italian reading skills: This test will also assess your candidates’ Italian reading skills and comprehension. Find out whether your applicants have the grammatical proficiency and understanding of Italian vocabulary to read challenging business paperwork, documents, emails, and files written in Italian.
• Italian listening comprehension: The final subskill of our Italian proficiency test evaluates candidates’ ability to be at ease when listening to colleagues and to read between the lines in business-related discussions. Use this test to determine whether your applicants’ Italian listening comprehension skills are a good match for the tasks they’ll need to complete for your business, such as international video conferences or phone calls in Italian.
This Italian fluency test is just what you need if you want to make the hiring process more straightforward. The moment your applicants finish the test, you’ll have access to detailed data related to their skills.
Do you want to know what else our Italian fluency test offers? Here are three other ways you’ll benefit from using this test when recruiting applicants.
• Compare two skilled candidates with ease: Comparing two exceptional candidates may be challenging. If you’re faced with such a decision, referring to the data-driven Italian C1 test provides you is the simplest way to determine which applicant is more suitable for the role. Our automated results will help you decide which candidate has the ideal skill set to join your team.
• Spend less time hiring: Trying to thoroughly review candidates’ resumes to assess their fluency in Italian can lead to frustratingly long time-to-hire metrics. The time to change this is now with this Italian fluency test.
Use this test instead of resume screening, and forget about judging candidates based on what you find in their resumes. When you integrate this Italian fluency test into your recruitment process, you’ll spend less time hiring and watch your time-to-hire metrics fall.
• Test more than just Italian proficiency: Are you unsure of how to gauge your candidates’ soft skills? With TestGorilla, you can combine soft-skills tests, culture-add tests, and personality tests to comprehensively assess candidates’ skills, abilities, and personalities. You’re able to test a wide selection of skills and traits, from Italian proficiency to values to soft skills – or all of them at once.
Now’s the time to turn to skills testing. If you choose TestGorilla, you’ll be joining 5,800 organizations that already count on our expert-crafted skills tests to hire top talents, such as Bain & Company and Publicis Groupe. See the power of skills testing for yourself. Sign up for TestGorilla today, and hire the best Italian speakers with this Italian fluency test.