This test on Oracle DBMS will verify the candidates’ technical knowledge of Oracle Database, including database architecture, storage structure, schema objects, backup and recovery techniques, and database security management.
Oracle Database Architecture
Oracle Database Storage Structure & Schema Objects
Backup and Recovery Techniques
Oracle Database Security Management
Oracle database administrators, database engineers, database solution architects, system engineers, system administrators
Oracle Database is the most popular Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) developed by Oracle Corporation, holding the No. 1 ranking among the RDBMS based on the revenue share. It supports OLTP, OLAP, and mixed database workloads and is available for on-premise, on-cloud, or hybrid cloud installation. Oracle provides industry-leading high availability solutions, replication solutions, and backup managers. The speed of a well-tuned Oracle Database is unbeatable, even with large databases.
As Oracle leads the international RDBMS market, there are immense local and global employment opportunities. This test will verify the exact skills required to work as an Oracle database administrator (DBA). Candidates who perform well on this test have a solid grasp of Oracle Database and practical experience using the software. They know how to create and administer Oracle Database, including backup, restore, recovery, flashback, performance tuning, and many more techniques.The test ensures that these candidates have all the technical skills needed to represent your company’s vision and move it forward.
Mohammad is an Oracle Database Certified Professional (OCP) and an Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) Certified professional architect, with a master’s degree in information technology. He has an extensive background in Oracle and related solutions, working across a wide variety of industries, including government, telecommunications, and the commercial financial industry.
TestGorilla’s tests are created by subject matter experts. We assess potential subject-matter experts based on their knowledge, ability, and reputation. Before being published, each test is peer-reviewed by another expert, then calibrated using hundreds of test takers with relevant experience in the subject. Our feedback mechanisms and unique algorithms allow our subject-matter experts to constantly improve their tests.
TestGorilla helps me to assess engineers rapidly. Creating assessments for different positions is easy due to pre-existing templates. You can create an assessment in less than 2 minutes. The interface is intuitive and it’s easy to visualize results per assessment.
VP of Engineering, Mid-Market (51-1000 emp.)
Any tool can have functions—bells and whistles. Not every tool comes armed with staff passionate about making the user experience positive.
The TestGorilla team only offers useful insights to user challenges, they engage in conversation.
For instance, I recently asked a question about a Python test I intended to implement. Instead of receiving “oh, that test would work perfectly for your solution,” or, “at this time we’re thinking about implementing a solution that may or may not…” I received a direct and straightforward answer with additional thoughts to help shape the solution.
I hope that TestGorilla realizes the value proposition in their work is not only the platform but the type of support that’s provided.
For a bit of context—I am a diversity recruiter trying to create a platform that removes bias from the hiring process and encourages the discovery of new and unseen talent.
Chief Talent Connector, Small-Business (50 or fewer emp.)
The Oracle DBMS test will be included in a PDF report along with the other tests from your assessment. You can easily download and share this report with colleagues and candidates.
The Oracle DBMS online test is a pre-employment skills assessment that helps you evaluate your candidates’ technical knowledge of the Oracle database in a faster and bias-free manner.
The Oracle DBMS test will help you evaluate the candidate’s skills when it comes to using the most popular Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) out there. The Oracle DBMS system was created by Oracle and it ranks number one by revenue when it comes to RDBMS.
With the Oracle DBMS test, you will evaluate the candidates to see if they know how to operate this RDBMS. You’re looking for candidates that know how to use the database system, operate backups, restore, and recoveries, and can do performance tuning.
But finding a candidate who’s well-versed in Oracle DBMS can be quite difficult. In today’s market, it can be quite problematic to find the best talent since the competition is fierce. On top of that, companies have internal hiring process problems that can limit their success rates. The three main obstacles in the way of hiring the best talent are:
• Limited candidate pool: Most of the time, companies get plenty of applications for their open positions. The problem is that most of those applications aren’t qualified applications. Candidates today send a lot of “shotgun approach” resumes, sending as many resumes as possible to companies and hoping that something lands. That overworks the hiring managers who need to go through hundreds of CVs to find qualified candidates and this is where biases come into play.
• Hiring bias: Even when your hiring manager goes through the CVs, you’re not sure if the shortlisted candidates are the result of the hiring manager’s bias or if they’re really the best talent from the process.
• Resume dependence: The main problem is that most hiring processes still rely solely on resumes. The hiring manager needs to go through hundreds of them, assessing not their Oracle DBMS skills, but their CV writing skills.
The solution to all of these obstacles is to use pre-employment tests.
When you use a pre-employment test, like the Oracle DBMS test, you can solve quite a lot of problems in your hiring process.
First of all, you will no longer be evaluating the candidates’ CV writing skills, but the actual abilities they will need to do the job successfully. When you’re hiring a candidate as an Oracle DBMS administrator, you want to make sure that they have mastery over the database system so that they can positively contribute to your company.
That’s what the Oracle DBMS test is for. It lasts for 10 minutes and it’s geared toward candidates who have intermediate-level skills with the database system. The test itself will evaluate the candidates to see if they know the following things:
• Oracle Database Architecture• Oracle Database Storage Structure & Schema Objects• Backup and Recovery Techniques• Oracle Database Security Management
Those candidates who scored well on the test have shown that they have the necessary skill level to operate the job with success. So when looking out for test results, make sure that you pick those candidates that aced the test since they have the best skills when it comes to Oracle DBMS.
The test can work wonders when you’re trying to hire a candidate for any of the following roles: Oracle database administrators, database engineers, database solution architects, system engineers, or system administrators. And the test will provide you with the necessary data to make informed hiring decisions so you can get the best talent.
When you use the Oracle DBMS pre-employment test, you will solve many problems in your hiring process:
• Hundreds of applications: You will receive hundreds of applications during your hiring process, but with a pre-employment test, that won’t make a difference. When you use a pre-employment test like the Oracle DBMS test, you will simply send the test to all of your applicants and wait for the results. So it makes no difference if you have 20 or 250 applicants in the process; all of them will receive the pre-employment test. And the test can be sent with a single click to all of your candidates so you don’t spend any more time if you have more candidates, making pre-employment tests a scalable solution in your hiring process.
• Let the data speak: When you have hiring managers go over the resumes, you’ll never know for sure that the shortlisted candidates are the best candidates. Biases always find their way into the hiring process and disturb the decision-making process. However, when you use a pre-employment test like the Oracle DBMS test, you will bypass this process. You will simply send all the candidates a pre-employment test and will wait for the results to come in. Then, you will make your hiring decisions based on test results instead of CVs and resumes.
• Skills-based hiring: It’s time to remove CV screening from the hiring process. The entire process is slow and unreliable, and it falls victim to many unconscious biases. With a pre-employment test, you rely on the candidates’ skills and test results. There’s no way for unconscious biases to affect decision-making since you’re basing your decisions on the test results.
The first stop when it comes to implementing pre-employment tests in your hiring process would be TestGorilla. We helped more than 6,000 companies by implementing pre-employment tests in their hiring processes. Don’t leave your hiring process to chance; hire the best candidates by using pre-employment tests.