This .NET online skills test evaluates a candidate’s technical knowledge of the .NET framework and their ability to create applications for both Windows and the web. This pre-employment skills test helps you identify developers who are well-versed in the .NET framework and use it effectively.
Collections in .NET Framework
Object Oriented Programming in .NET
.NET developers with 2-3 years of experience.
.NET is a developer platform made up of tools, programming languages, and libraries for building many different types of applications including but not limited to web, desktop, console-based utilities, etc. .NET is a critical tool for businesses to master and utilize.
The .NET test for developers assesses candidates’ knowledge around the core functionality of the framework, which is common across .NET Framework and .NET Core. Through questions that focus on core framework libraries and concepts, it evaluates candidates’ skills to develop applications using core .NET features like Collections, File Handling, Exception Handling, and Object Oriented Programming.
This screening test will help you identify .NET developers who can efficiently and effectively utilize .NET to keep your company’s services running and develop new utilities to improve your company’s bottom line.
Saurabh is an experienced Solution Architect with a primary focus on the Microsoft technology stack. He has worked with companies like Microsoft, Infosys, AIS to build Cloud and On-Premise solutions for many Fortune 500 companies. Saurabh is also a certified Azure and Power Platform Solution Architect. In his free time, he enjoys reading and hiking.
TestGorilla’s tests are created by subject matter experts. We assess potential subject-matter experts based on their knowledge, ability, and reputation. Before being published, each test is peer-reviewed by another expert, then calibrated using hundreds of test takers with relevant experience in the subject. Our feedback mechanisms and unique algorithms allow our subject-matter experts to constantly improve their tests.
TestGorilla helps me to assess engineers rapidly. Creating assessments for different positions is easy due to pre-existing templates. You can create an assessment in less than 2 minutes. The interface is intuitive and it’s easy to visualize results per assessment.
VP of Engineering, Mid-Market (51-1000 emp.)
Any tool can have functions—bells and whistles. Not every tool comes armed with staff passionate about making the user experience positive.
The TestGorilla team only offers useful insights to user challenges, they engage in conversation.
For instance, I recently asked a question about a Python test I intended to implement. Instead of receiving “oh, that test would work perfectly for your solution,” or, “at this time we’re thinking about implementing a solution that may or may not…” I received a direct and straightforward answer with additional thoughts to help shape the solution.
I hope that TestGorilla realizes the value proposition in their work is not only the platform but the type of support that’s provided.
For a bit of context—I am a diversity recruiter trying to create a platform that removes bias from the hiring process and encourages the discovery of new and unseen talent.
Chief Talent Connector, Small-Business (50 or fewer emp.)
The .NET test will be included in a PDF report along with the other tests from your assessment. You can easily download and share this report with colleagues and candidates.
An online .Net coding test is a pre-employment skills assessment that helps you evaluate your candidates’ expertise in the .NET framework in a faster and bias-free manner.
Assessing talent that applies for your .NET developer role may seem complex, but there’s an easy way to do it right. Our industry experts have created this .NET developer coding test so that you can hire with confidence that your candidates have the best .NET skills. The test is designed to be the definitive .NET skills-testing tool, which can completely replace resume screening.
.NET skills are critical for creating desktop, web, and console applications using the framework. These skills help developers understand how the programming languages, tools, and libraries that the .NET developer platform features work together so that they can build applications efficiently.
These skills also enable your organization to improve the output and scope of the applications it develops using .NET and its features. To ensure your applicants can create excellent apps for your customers, you’ll need to confirm that they fully understand .NET.
To get an accurate understanding of your talent’s .NET skills, you’ll need to assess various subskills. It’s important to know whether they are proficient with .NET, but you should also evaluate their soft skills (such as problem-solving).
You may find it difficult to bridge the talent shortage gap and find qualified applicants. Or you might have found several skilled .NET developers but cannot decide which one is the most suitable for the role. How can you overcome these challenges?
It doesn’t matter if you want to assess applicants’ soft skills, are facing a talent shortage, or can’t decide between multiple skilled candidates – this .NET developer coding test can help you overcome hiring challenges.
With TestGorilla, you can combine this test with soft-skills tests as part of a skills assessment. The test also provides you with definitive statistics that make it simpler to compare several exceptional .NET applicants.
Assessing the four essential .NET skills developers need to make high-quality applications is simpler than you think. With this .NET developer coding test, you can evaluate the following skills:
• Knowledge and understanding of .NET framework collections: Understanding .NET collections is a beneficial skill for .NET developers. With this test, you can find out whether your applicants know that .NET collections are groups of related objects. Do they understand the importance of collections and how to work with them?
• Expertise in .NET object-oriented programming: This test will assess whether your applicants understand the object-oriented programming paradigm. Do they know that object-oriented programming enables developers to define an object’s data? Determine whether your candidates know that this paradigm is useful for defining the functions of an object and how objects relate to each other.
• Proficiency in file handling in .NET: Several operations are involved in file handling. Use our .NET coding test to find out whether your applicants understand these many operations, including file creation, reading, and writing. You can also discover whether they know that opening files produces a stream.
• Expert understanding of .NET Core: One of the new versions of the .NET framework is referred to as .NET Core. Skills in this free, open-source platform can be beneficial for building applications for desktop, mobile, the web, and more.
The .NET coding test enables you to integrate tangible statistics and facts into your hiring process. Need to analyze a large talent pool using statistical data? Choose this .NET coding test to access the information you need.
Once your developers have taken the test, you can simply look at their results to reduce your talent pool to the best applicants. The test presents you with easy-to-understand percentages, rankings, and timings that correspond to your candidates’ skills and abilities.
This.NET developer coding test comes with various other advantages that can enhance your hiring process.
• Learn how well your applicants can use .NET within a time limit: Your applicants’ test results include a timing statistic. One of the benefits of this is that you can assess their ability to use the .NET framework and complete challenging tasks within a time limit.
Since meeting deadlines is critical, make sure you take advantage of our .NET coding test’s timing statistics to determine whether your applicants are a good fit for your company.
• Use candidates’ test data during onboarding and training: Even after you’ve made a hiring decision, it can be challenging to transition to the next steps of onboarding and training – but not when you use this .NET coding test. You can use the test results to build a training program for your new .NET developer, giving you a skills benchmark to work with and build on.
• Avoid mis-hiring and reduce recruitment expenses: Our .NET developer coding test is ideal for hiring the best .NET developer and screening out unqualified candidates. The test will help you make more informed hiring decisions so that you can avoid mis-hiring and find top talent.
The .NET skills test is the most objective of its kind and will reduce your recruitment expenses by ensuring you make the right hire the first time.
More than 6,000 businesses, including Technicolor and Oracle, use TestGorilla to hire top applicants. Our expert-created .NET coding test has helped many of them to find the best developers.
Will you be next? Use the .NET test in your hiring process, and choose the most skilled candidates for your open role.