This Magento 2 test assesses candidates’ skills and knowledge in developing Magento 2 modules, themes, and eCommerce websites. This online screening test will help you hire experienced Magento 2 developers who can meet your development needs.
Magento 2 backend developer
Magento 2 frontend developer
Magento 2 order management & solution deployment
Magento developers and any other role that requires skills in Magento 2.
Magento 2 is an open-source platform that enables e-commerce owners to build flexible shopping cart systems while maintaining complete control over the functionality and look of their store. The platform offers many helpful tools for marketing, search engine optimization, and even catalog management, making it easy to use and boost results.
This test helps identify candidates who can customize Magento 2 in the areas of extension development, theme development, database changes, 3rd party system integration, order management, and solution deployment. Candidates who perform well on the test know how to leverage Magento 2 to meet the requirements and specifications of your store and can divide and execute custom solutions that fit your needs.
Wasim’s impressive range of e-commerce solutions demonstrates the breadth of his achievements in web development. With 18 years’ experience—including eight in Magento site and extension development—he’s completed projects for small businesses and large organizations alike.
Rounding out Wasim’s effortless capacity to manage his development projects from start to finish is a strong background in requirement engineering, project management, and database performance architecture and tuning.
TestGorilla’s tests are created by subject matter experts. We assess potential subject-matter experts based on their knowledge, ability, and reputation. Before being published, each test is peer-reviewed by another expert, then calibrated using hundreds of test takers with relevant experience in the subject. Our feedback mechanisms and unique algorithms allow our subject-matter experts to constantly improve their tests.
TestGorilla helps me to assess engineers rapidly. Creating assessments for different positions is easy due to pre-existing templates. You can create an assessment in less than 2 minutes. The interface is intuitive and it’s easy to visualize results per assessment.
VP of Engineering, Mid-Market (51-1000 emp.)
Any tool can have functions—bells and whistles. Not every tool comes armed with staff passionate about making the user experience positive.
The TestGorilla team only offers useful insights to user challenges, they engage in conversation.
For instance, I recently asked a question about a Python test I intended to implement. Instead of receiving “oh, that test would work perfectly for your solution,” or, “at this time we’re thinking about implementing a solution that may or may not…” I received a direct and straightforward answer with additional thoughts to help shape the solution.
I hope that TestGorilla realizes the value proposition in their work is not only the platform but the type of support that’s provided.
For a bit of context—I am a diversity recruiter trying to create a platform that removes bias from the hiring process and encourages the discovery of new and unseen talent.
Chief Talent Connector, Small-Business (50 or fewer emp.)
The Magento 2 test will be included in a PDF report along with the other tests from your assessment. You can easily download and share this report with colleagues and candidates.
The Magento 2 test will help you evaluate your candidates and see if they have the necessary skills and experience in Magento 2 to be successful at the role you’re looking to fill. A Magento 2 developer needs to have solid knowledge of the platform’s modules and themes and be capable of developing an eCommerce website from scratch – or migrate an existing store to Magento 2.
But first, let’s see why Magento 2 matters in the workplace.
Magento 2 is an open-source platform that allows software developers to build eCommerce stores, shopping cart systems, and pages. Magento 2 is very flexible and has a lot of customization features, meaning that you have full control over the functionality and design of your online store.
Magento 2 came after its successful predecessor, Magento 1. In Magento 2, many of the challenges and problems of the first version were addressed, and the end result was a faster, more reliable, and more customer-oriented platform. Magento 2 is an invaluable tool when it comes to creating an online store that is customizable, SEO-optimized, and user-friendly.
When developing an online store in Magento 2, you need to find a knowledgeable and experienced candidate who is proficient with the platform so that they can successfully migrate your store or build it from scratch.
That’s why it’s crucially important to evaluate your candidates’ skills objectively during recruitment and find the best match. On top of their technical skills, every Magento 2 developer needs to have the right soft skills, behavior, and attitude that would make them successful in the job.
Beyond solid technical skills, the perfect Magento 2 developer needs to have the following soft skills:
• Communication skills: Magento 2 developers need to have excellent communication skills. When building an online store, they need to work with marketers and graphic designers on SEO, content, theme design, page layout, content, and more. For this reason, they need to be strong communicators and have good active listening skills to be successful.
• Learning mindset: Programming languages, frameworks, and platforms are constantly being updated and the Magento 2 platform is no exception to that rule. The right candidate will have a learning mindset and make an effort to stay up to date with new developments in Magento 2. They can only stay relevant only if they’re continuously looking for ways to update their knowledge.
• Solution-oriented mindset: The life of a programmer is filled with daily challenges, errors, bugs, and problems – and this applies to Magento 2 developers, too. To successfully deal with these, the right candidate will have a solution-oriented mindset and look at each problem from different angles until they find the best solution to it.
• Teamwork: The modern workplace requires a lot of collaboration between different teams or team members of the same team. Developers need to be team players and understand that the success of the team comes before their own. They also need to have a sense of camaraderie and be open to help coworkers for the betterment of the entire organization.
• Critical-thinking skills: Dealing with problems and challenges on a daily basis is only possible for developers who have strong critical-thinking skills. They will need to know how to access, use, and analyze available data to make the best possible decision.
• Culture add: On top of the soft skills mentioned above, the right candidate will also have values that align with those of your organization. A strong cultural alignment is important for all new hires and will positively influence the overall company culture and team dynamics.
If you want to hire a Magento 2 developer, giving them a pre-employment Magento 2 test is the best way to see if they have the right skills for the role. With our Magento 2 test, you will be able to evaluate your candidate for the following skills in Magento 2:
This pre-employment is perfect if you want to hire a Magento 2 developer or if you’re hiring for any role that requires strong Magento 2 skills. Candidates who score well on this test will have the necessary Magento 2 experience, skills, and knowledge. To assess other skills, you can combine this test with more pre-employment tests from our test library.
Using pre-employment tests like the Magento 2 test in your hiring process has a lot of benefits. They help you:
• Create a bias-free hiring process: Screening CVs is a slow, inefficient, and biased process that exposes you to potential hiring errors. Instead of screening CVs, we recommend using pre-employment tests to accurately assess the skills of all candidates and identify the best talent. This helps you eliminate bias and create a fair and equitable recruitment process.
• Evaluate candidates objectively: All candidates will receive the same tests with the same questions, which are then graded automatically. This means that you’ll have an objective measurement of their skills, allowing you to quickly compare results and identify top performers.
• Save time and effort: Pre-employment assessments are extremely easy to use. You simply need to log in to the platform, send tests with a single click, and wait for candidates’ results. This makes the hiring process very easy to manage and scale: It makes no difference if you need to assess 10 or 210 applicants, the effort is the same.
To hire a talented Magento 2 developer, you need to assess applicants’ skills accurately and objectively – and make sure your recruitment process is bias-free. The best way to do that? Use TestGorilla’s pre-employment tests.