The ideal Magento 2 developer’s competencies and skills
Beyond solid technical skills, the perfect Magento 2 developer needs to have the following soft skills:
• Communication skills: Magento 2 developers need to have excellent communication skills. When building an online store, they need to work with marketers and graphic designers on SEO, content, theme design, page layout, content, and more. For this reason, they need to be strong communicators and have good active listening skills to be successful.
• Learning mindset: Programming languages, frameworks, and platforms are constantly being updated and the Magento 2 platform is no exception to that rule. The right candidate will have a learning mindset and make an effort to stay up to date with new developments in Magento 2. They can only stay relevant only if they’re continuously looking for ways to update their knowledge.
• Solution-oriented mindset: The life of a programmer is filled with daily challenges, errors, bugs, and problems – and this applies to Magento 2 developers, too. To successfully deal with these, the right candidate will have a solution-oriented mindset and look at each problem from different angles until they find the best solution to it.
• Teamwork: The modern workplace requires a lot of collaboration between different teams or team members of the same team. Developers need to be team players and understand that the success of the team comes before their own. They also need to have a sense of camaraderie and be open to help coworkers for the betterment of the entire organization.
• Critical-thinking skills: Dealing with problems and challenges on a daily basis is only possible for developers who have strong critical-thinking skills. They will need to know how to access, use, and analyze available data to make the best possible decision.
• Culture add: On top of the soft skills mentioned above, the right candidate will also have values that align with those of your organization. A strong cultural alignment is important for all new hires and will positively influence the overall company culture and team dynamics.