The Portuguese (proficient/C1) test evaluates a candidate’s knowledge of the Portuguese language at the C1 level of the CEFR framework. This test will help you hire employees who can participate in demanding professional conversations in Portuguese.
Basic grammar and vocabulary
Editors, writers, content creators, customer success managers, and other employees that need to be proficient in Portuguese to perform well in their roles.
Employees who are proficient in Portuguese will enrich your company’s internal and external communications by clearly and effectively discussing ideas, plans, and goals with customers and colleagues. They will also be able to write well-structured reports, presentations, and other material in Portuguese to help promote the company’s brand and ideas to others.
The Portuguese (proficient/C1) test evaluates a candidate’s ability to communicate at the C1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) for Languages. The test evaluates candidates in the areas of grammar and vocabulary, sentence composition, reading comprehension, and listening comprehension.
Employees who are proficient in Portuguese can express themselves fluently and spontaneously without much searching for expressions. They can understand demanding, longer texts and recognize implicit meaning in both written and verbal communications. They use the language flexibly and effectively for social, academic, and professional purposes and can produce detailed texts on complex subjects, showing a controlled use of organizational patterns, connectors, and cohesive devices.
Margarida Madeira channels her love of languages into translation (from French and English to Portuguese) and the development of e-learning content for Portuguese learners. Drawing on years of experience, she strives to use her knowledge to help bridge the distance between languages.
This Lisbon resident speaks Portuguese and English fluently, but her linguistic prowess doesn’t stop there. Her skills also include proficiency in French and Spanish.
TestGorilla’s tests are created by subject matter experts. We assess potential subject-matter experts based on their knowledge, ability, and reputation. Before being published, each test is peer-reviewed by another expert, then calibrated using hundreds of test takers with relevant experience in the subject. Our feedback mechanisms and unique algorithms allow our subject-matter experts to constantly improve their tests.
TestGorilla helps me to assess engineers rapidly. Creating assessments for different positions is easy due to pre-existing templates. You can create an assessment in less than 2 minutes. The interface is intuitive and it’s easy to visualize results per assessment.
VP of Engineering, Mid-Market (51-1000 emp.)
Any tool can have functions—bells and whistles. Not every tool comes armed with staff passionate about making the user experience positive.
The TestGorilla team only offers useful insights to user challenges, they engage in conversation.
For instance, I recently asked a question about a Python test I intended to implement. Instead of receiving “oh, that test would work perfectly for your solution,” or, “at this time we’re thinking about implementing a solution that may or may not…” I received a direct and straightforward answer with additional thoughts to help shape the solution.
I hope that TestGorilla realizes the value proposition in their work is not only the platform but the type of support that’s provided.
For a bit of context—I am a diversity recruiter trying to create a platform that removes bias from the hiring process and encourages the discovery of new and unseen talent.
Chief Talent Connector, Small-Business (50 or fewer emp.)
Our screening tests identify the best candidates and make your hiring decisions faster, easier, and bias-free.
Building assessments is a breeze with TestGorilla. Get started with these simple steps.
The Portuguese – Portugal (proficient/C1) test will be included in a PDF report along with the other tests from your assessment. You can easily download and share this report with colleagues and candidates.
The online Portuguese – Portugal (proficient/C1) test helps help you evaluate your candidates’ fluency in the Portuguese language.
In today’s market, it’s challenging to find candidates with the right business-operational skills in addition to the Portuguese language skills necessary for certain roles.
Three significant factors negatively impact the hiring process:
• Limited candidate pool: You may be getting many more applications for your open roles these days, but they’re not necessarily the candidates you want applying for the job. Many candidates use the “shotgun approach,” applying to as many jobs as possible without looking in detail at the requirements of the roles. They do this hoping that one of those applications will be fruitful – but this only creates a problem for the hiring manager who needs to go through hundreds of unqualified applications, losing precious time, and in the process not giving enough attention to the qualified candidates.
• Hiring bias: Add to that the hiring bias that occurs during the recruitment process and you could have a recipe for a bias disaster. Hiring managers sifting through hundreds of bad applications to find a handful of good ones find it impossible to avoid unconscious bias: From the Halo effect to the confirmation bias, various kinds of bias and the lack of an objective recruitment method frequently lead to hiring the wrong candidate.
• Resume dependence: Finally, the overreliance on resumes fails to properly identify suitable candidates for a given role. Not only do candidates “overestimate” their skills on their resumes, but the hiring manager finds themselves evaluating their resume writing skills instead of the real, practical, and actionable skills that they want to see in a prospective employee.
You can solve all of these problems with a pre-employment test like the Portuguese – Portugal (proficient/C1) test.
With a Portuguese – Portugal (proficient/C1) test, you’re evaluating if the candidates have an advanced level of language fluency. The test itself evaluates the four fundamental aspects of language proficiency in 10 minutes:
• Grammar: This section assesses your candidate's abilities to think about an idea and present it in written form in Portuguese. A candidate with C1 Portuguese shouldn’t have any problems exploring even complex topics in the language.
• Vocabulary and spelling: The test’s speaking section requires your candidates to talk in the Portuguese language at the C1 level. The test evaluates whether candidates can form coherent and clear sentences and discuss complex topics.
• Reading comprehension: The reading comprehension component presents your candidates with a Portuguese text and tests their understanding of its meaning. A candidate with a C1 level in the language shouldn’t struggle much with complex and technical written language.
• Listening comprehension: The listening section is often the most difficult. Your candidates have to listen to a conversation in Portuguese and decipher what's being discussed. A C1 level candidate will understand language nuances and idioms and they should be able to understand everything that’s spoken.
With a Portuguese – Portugal (proficient/C1) test, you can gather the necessary data to make an informed decision about your candidates. This test works wonders in hiring candidates in editorial, content creation, or customer success manager roles that require C1 Portuguese.
The Portuguese – Portugal (proficient/C1) test solves many of the problems in your hiring process.
The biggest issue in recruitment isn’t failing to hire someone but hiring the wrong candidate. When that happens, you have to do two things: re-open the hiring process and figure out what to do with the unsuitable employee you hired.
Pre-employment assessments help you avoid these problems by offering an objective, bias-free method to determine your candidates’ suitability. You give all your candidates a chance to do the test and prove they have the necessary skills to do the job successfully. And you can add multiple tests to your pre-employment assessment for a comprehensive evaluation of your applicants.
You can also remove CVs entirely from your hiring process. With a pre-employment assessment, there’s no need for them; you simply evaluate candidates according to their actual skills, not what the experience they claim on their CVs.
This is where TestGorilla can help you out. More than 5,000 companies including Sony, PepsiCo, Bain & Company, Oracle, Revolut, and H&M have started using our pre-employment assessments to ensure a bias-free and scalable hiring process.
TestGorilla has a massive online library of more than 220 online, skills-based tests to help you evaluate candidates' skills for various roles. There are seven main test categories:
• Cognitive ability tests
• Language tests (such as the Portuguese – Portugal proficient/C1 test)
• Personality and culture tests
• Programming skills tests
• Situational judgment tests
• Software skills tests
• Role-specific skills tests such as Fundamentals of Electricity, Content Strategy, Warehouse Supervisor, and many others
Don’t leave your hiring process to chances; use the Portuguese – Portugal proficient/C1 test to evaluate your applicants’ critical language abilities and hire the best and the most qualified individual.