This Git test evaluates candidates’ technical knowledge of Git. This test will help you identify engineers and developers who are well-versed in Git and able to use it as a tool to work on big software projects.
Git branching & tools
Git advanced functionalities
Software engineers, DevOps engineers, Site reliability engineers, systems administrators, and any other roles that require a strong grasp of Git.
Git, is the de facto standard for version control solutions, and has become a required skill for every developer, tester, and operator. While its original purpose was to help groups of developers work collaboratively on big software projects, Git has been re-purposed by the data science community. In addition to using it for source code, it can help you to manage the collection of files that make up typical data analytical projects, which often consist of data, figures, and reports, in addition to source code. Git helps you manage the evolution of a set of files in a sane, highly structured way. Hiring developers and engineers who are well versed in Git will help your business achieve your goals in terms of speed, data integrity, and support for distributed, non-linear workflows.
This Git test evaluates candidates’ understanding of Git basics, as well as their ability to use the Git branching and tools, advanced functionalities, and internals to solve real world problems.
Candidates who perform well on this test have 2-3 years of hands-on experience with Git and a deep understanding of it. This test will help you hire candidates who can help your business achieve its goals in terms of speed, data integrity, and support for distributed, non-linear workflows.
Andrew has more than 12 years of experience in the IT industry and a bachelor's degree in software engineering, focusing on software development, cloud computing and DevOps.
He has been focusing on providing outstanding industry solutions to various companies and customers, and using his free time to teach Terraform to others.
TestGorilla’s tests are created by subject matter experts. We assess potential subject-matter experts based on their knowledge, ability, and reputation. Before being published, each test is peer-reviewed by another expert, then calibrated using hundreds of test takers with relevant experience in the subject. Our feedback mechanisms and unique algorithms allow our subject-matter experts to constantly improve their tests.
TestGorilla helps me to assess engineers rapidly. Creating assessments for different positions is easy due to pre-existing templates. You can create an assessment in less than 2 minutes. The interface is intuitive and it’s easy to visualize results per assessment.
VP of Engineering, Mid-Market (51-1000 emp.)
Any tool can have functions—bells and whistles. Not every tool comes armed with staff passionate about making the user experience positive.
The TestGorilla team only offers useful insights to user challenges, they engage in conversation.
For instance, I recently asked a question about a Python test I intended to implement. Instead of receiving “oh, that test would work perfectly for your solution,” or, “at this time we’re thinking about implementing a solution that may or may not…” I received a direct and straightforward answer with additional thoughts to help shape the solution.
I hope that TestGorilla realizes the value proposition in their work is not only the platform but the type of support that’s provided.
For a bit of context—I am a diversity recruiter trying to create a platform that removes bias from the hiring process and encourages the discovery of new and unseen talent.
Chief Talent Connector, Small-Business (50 or fewer emp.)
The Git test will be included in a PDF report along with the other tests from your assessment. You can easily download and share this report with colleagues and candidates.
An online Git test is a pre-employment skills assessment that helps you evaluate your candidates’ technical expertise in Git in a faster and bias-free manner. The bigger the software project, the more it calls for Git knowledge and skill. And Git skills are precisely what this test will help you to assess.
Our professional team of Git experts has created this Git online test to help you evaluate your applicant’s knowledge of Git and hire developers without the difficulties associated with conventional hiring methods.
If you want to know whether your Git engineer candidates fully understand this version control solution, as every skilled tester and engineer should, this Git test will be indispensable.
Having a Git version control solution expert join your team has many advantages, such as effortless collaboration on projects, simple source code solutions, file collection facilitation, and file evolution management. Hiring someone on your team who understands how Git makes these tasks easier is essential, as it will help your business achieve its targets with less strain and in less time.
But hiring obstacles make finding the best talent a challenge. You may find that there isn’t enough talent or your talent pool is limited. You may not possess enough understanding of Git to help you review your applicants. Or you may not know how to best incorporate a data-driven recruitment approach for finding the best professionals.
With the Git test, you can stop fretting. This test offers you a data-driven, objective, and professionally-created assessment to identify the best candidates available and make your recruitment much quicker.
Integrate the Git test immediately after sourcing to evaluate the following four critical skills:
• Knowledge and understanding of Git basics: A thorough understanding of the Git basics, such as its purpose as a distributed version control system and version tracking features, is vital for new developers at your organization to hit the ground running. Use this Git expert test to determine whether your applicants understand the basics and more, including the Git workflow, repository of source code, and how Git synchronizes code.
• Proficiency and understanding of how to branch and use Git tools: The test helps you find out whether your applicants understand that engineers use branches (which are lightweight pointers) when adding new features or fixing bugs and learn whether your applicants know how to use branches.
• Skills in the advanced functionalities of Git: By using the Git test, you can determine if your applicants’ knowledge of the advanced functionalities of Git matches your requirements. It shows you if your applicants know how to clone a specific branch, make an orphan branch, or maintain clean history.
• Knowledge and proficiency with Git internals: You can learn whether your applicants understand how to create Git repositories and that .git folders make up the internal database by asking them to complete this Git online test. It enables you to determine whether your candidates understand the inner workings of the internal database.
At TestGorilla, we know how valuable data can be when hiring Git engineers. Since data can help you make a reliable, fair, and unbiased hiring decision, our experts built this Git test to enhance your hiring approach. All you have to do is invite engineer candidates to take the Git expert test and check the applicants' percentages when you receive the results. You’ll know which applicants are Git experts – their percentage will be higher than your other candidates.
The Git test is a top option to combat the hiring difficulties you may have, helping you seek talent and onboard the best applicants. It directs your attention to the best talent, no matter the size of your talent pool, and provides you with the data you need to hire a skilled professional who fully understands Git. The moment you integrate this Git online test into your hiring process to evaluate mid-level engineers, you’ll receive the following three advantages:
• Consistent objectivity when reviewing skills: Objectivity can lead to fairer hiring, and that’s precisely what you’ll get with this test. Unconscious bias can creep into your hiring processes unnoticed, but this Git expert test helps you avoid subjective decision-making.
• Significantly shorten the time taken to hire an expert Git engineer: Shorter hiring times mean you can find the right Git engineer faster than competitors – at TestGorilla, we know how critical this is. Use the Git expert test to hire quickly and benefit from the effectiveness of systematic skills assessment, ensuring your competitors won’t snap up the best candidates.
• Make the best hiring decisions when faced with two similar Git experts: It can often be difficult to distinguish between candidates with similar skills. However, if you integrate this Git online test into your hiring process, you can use high-quality data to rank similarly skilled Git experts. The test makes these tough decisions easier with the help of statistics that will tell you which applicant has the superior skill set.
TestGorilla’s professionals know that there are many hiring woes – we want to help you avoid these obstacles and hire the best candidates effortlessly. More than 6,000 organizations, including major businesses like Oracle, have done this by choosing our skill tests. Is it time to consider the advantages of skills testing? Use our Git online test to get top benefits and hire Git developers for your business.