This SketchUp Pro test evaluates candidates’ abilities with the software and their ability to create detailed and organized 3D models for presentations and photorealistic renderings. This hiring test identifies skilled, intermediate SketchUp Pro users.
Solid geometry modeling
Creating and handling complex geometry
Pro tools and modeling tricks
Architects, 3D visualizers, Interior designers, Fitout designers, Furniture modelers, and others use who SketchUp Pro.
Whether used for the architectural industry or product manufacturers, companies want to visually see their product before it’s built, and 3D visualization provides this solution. 3D models in SketchUp Pro allow potential buyers or manufacturers to see, adjust, and change what their product will look like. With the advent of 3D printing, 3D modeling has become even more relevant as it can provide quick study models and photorealistic renders to present to a potential client. One of the most important pieces of software for 3D modeling is SketchUp Pro by Trimble.
This SketchUp Pro screening test assesses candidates’ knowledge of the software’s key functionalities. This hiring test uses questions that focus on a user’s ability to model geometry, make changes efficiently and effectively, and listen and respond to customers’ needs. Through SketchUp Pro basics, solid geometry modeling, creating and handling complex geometry, and pro tools and modeling tricks, this hiring test will help you identify SketchUp Pro practitioners who are skilled and fast at this important work.
Candidates who perform well on this hiring test have skills and experience using SketchUp Pro and can successfully complete and manipulate complex 3D models. This hiring test ensures you will hire candidates with all the necessary technical and working SketchUp skills, leading to the production of accurate and renderable 3D assets with speed and precision.
SketchUp Pro was known for many years as Google SketchUp or Google SketchUp Pro, until the software was purchased by Trimble in 2012. Even today, many professionals still collequentialy refer to the software as Google SketchUp Pro, even though Trimble Inc. owns and manages the software. No matter the terminology, this hiring test will allow you to find the SketchUp expert to help your business.
Hamza has a decade of experience working as an architect in various design firms, and he relishes being involved in every architectural stage, from developing a concept to actual execution. Hamza’s love of and passion for 3D visualization drove him to become a successful computer graphics artist, which he now practices alongside his architectural work. Currently, Hamza enjoys the flexibility and freedom of freelance and consulting work for clients all over the globe.
TestGorilla’s tests are created by subject matter experts. We assess potential subject-matter experts based on their knowledge, ability, and reputation. Before being published, each test is peer-reviewed by another expert, then calibrated using hundreds of test takers with relevant experience in the subject. Our feedback mechanisms and unique algorithms allow our subject-matter experts to constantly improve their tests.
TestGorilla helps me to assess engineers rapidly. Creating assessments for different positions is easy due to pre-existing templates. You can create an assessment in less than 2 minutes. The interface is intuitive and it’s easy to visualize results per assessment.
VP of Engineering, Mid-Market (51-1000 emp.)
Any tool can have functions—bells and whistles. Not every tool comes armed with staff passionate about making the user experience positive.
The TestGorilla team only offers useful insights to user challenges, they engage in conversation.
For instance, I recently asked a question about a Python test I intended to implement. Instead of receiving “oh, that test would work perfectly for your solution,” or, “at this time we’re thinking about implementing a solution that may or may not…” I received a direct and straightforward answer with additional thoughts to help shape the solution.
I hope that TestGorilla realizes the value proposition in their work is not only the platform but the type of support that’s provided.
For a bit of context—I am a diversity recruiter trying to create a platform that removes bias from the hiring process and encourages the discovery of new and unseen talent.
Chief Talent Connector, Small-Business (50 or fewer emp.)
The SketchUp Pro test will be included in a PDF report along with the other tests from your assessment. You can easily download and share this report with colleagues and candidates.
An online SketchUp Pro test is a pre-employment skills assessment that helps you evaluate your candidates’ core skills in SketchUp Pro software. The SketchUp Pro test is designed to help you evaluate if candidates can create detailed 3D models, photorealistic renderings, and presentations.
SketchUp Pro software is essential for architects and 3D visualizers, so you need to assess candidates for these roles on these specific software skills.
However, in today’s market, that’s easier said than done. A variety of obstacles might prevent you from acquiring the best possible talent in the market:
• Limited candidate pool: Even if you’re receiving plenty of applications for roles requiring SketchUp Pro mastery, you may not be getting the right candidates. Companies receive around 200 applications per vacancy on average, but most of those applications don’t meet the requirements for the role. Some job seekers use a “shotgun” method, where they send as many applications as they can, hoping that something sticks. This leaves your hiring managers going through hundreds of unqualified resumes to find a small number of great ones.
• Hiring bias: With tons of applications in the hiring process, your hiring managers may be unable to give each CV the necessary attention to evaluate them properly. And even when they shortlist a couple of candidates, you won’t know if they’re genuinely the best candidates for the role or if the shortlist resulted from the hiring manager’s unconscious bias. No matter how prepared the hiring manager is for bias, it can still creep into the hiring process and affect decision-making.
• Resume dependence: The underlying problem with this approach is the overreliance on resumes in the hiring process. When looking at CVs, you’re not actually assessing candidates’ skills relevant to the job, but their resume writing skills.
Luckily, there is a solution to all these problems: pre-employment testing.
A pre-employment test like the SketchUp Pro test can solve many of your hiring problems.
The SketchUp Pro test enables you to test your candidates’ abilities that truly matter: SketchUp Pro skills instead of resume writing skills.
The test takes around 10 minutes to complete and evaluates candidates’ intermediate-level skills, reviewing the following SketchUp Pro abilities:
• SketchUp basics• Solid geometry modeling• Creating and handling complex geometry• Pro tools and modeling tricks
Candidates who perform well on the test have the necessary level of expertise in SketchUp Pro to do the job successfully. And such SketchUp Pro skills are key for roles such as architects, 3D visualizers, interior designers, Fitout designers, furniture modelers, and many more.
With a pre-employment test like the SketchUp Pro test, you will receive the necessary data to make informed hiring decisions. The test results you receive will show you which candidates have suitable skills for the job, helping you make more objective hiring decisions.
Using the SketchUp Pro pre-employment test will solve many problems in your hiring process:
• Hundreds of applications: Your hiring managers are swamped with hundreds of resumes that they receive for vacancies. With the SketchUp Pro test, you simply invite all your applicants to complete the assessment and wait for the results. It doesn’t make any difference if you receive 20 or 220 applications in the hiring process; TestGorilla’s pre-employment testing is a scalable solution.
• Data-driven approach: When you’re relying on your hiring managers to filter through resumes to find the best candidates, you cannot be sure about the selected candidates. Unconscious biases frequently creep into decisions, even when hiring managers are aware of them. However, with the SketchUp Pro test, you eliminate unconscious bias and ensure an objective candidate evaluation.
• Let skills speak: It’s time to remove resume screening from the hiring process. CV screening only shows if a candidate knows how to write a CV – but the SketchUp Pro test evaluates candidates’ demonstrable skills. All your candidates get the opportunity to prove their skills and are assessed only on their SketchUp Pro abilities.
Our pre-employment tests have already helped companies such as PepsiCo, H&M, and Sony to improve their hiring process. Don’t leave your hiring process to chance; use the SketchUp Pro test to hire the best talent.