This online WordPress developer skills test assesses a candidate’s knowledge of the infrastructure of WordPress and coding skills for the platform. This pre-employment assessment will help you hire top WordPress developers who can set up a WordPress site and develop plugins for your needs. The test is designed by a subject matter expert to screen candidates who are good at WordPress administration, customization, security and database management, etc. You can send this online WordPress skills assessment to your prospective job applicants and screen them objectively before inviting them to an interview.
WordPress Security and Database
WordPress Plugin Development
WordPress is one of the most popular content management systems in use, with over 60 million websites built on the platform. Its open-source infrastructure and plugin architecture means you can use themes and plugins to customize your website to your exact specifications without creating everything from scratch. And it’s user-friendly admin panel enables users to access and update the website as needed without knowledge of coding or needing to wait for developers to add every new piece of information.
This WordPress developer test will help you evaluate candidates’ abilities in WordPress administration and customization, WordPress security and database management, and plugin development.
Candidates who do well on this test can leverage WordPress to develop fast, secure, and stable WordPress websites. They can customize all aspects of a WordPress site, ensure all data on the platform is protected, and develop custom themes and plugins as needed to meet specifications.
A computer science graduate who leads the pack as a software engineer with WSO2—one of the world’s leading open-source software companies—Shanika has web development and software engineering acumen in spades.
Shanika has a gift for breaking down dense topics into digestible content, allowing her to contribute to numerous educational platforms, creating skill assessment tests, course notes, and assignments. She similarly puts this talent to use as a writer for software development blogs.
TestGorilla’s tests are created by subject matter experts. We assess potential subject-matter experts based on their knowledge, ability, and reputation. Before being published, each test is peer-reviewed by another expert, then calibrated using hundreds of test takers with relevant experience in the subject. Our feedback mechanisms and unique algorithms allow our subject-matter experts to constantly improve their tests.
TestGorilla helps me to assess engineers rapidly. Creating assessments for different positions is easy due to pre-existing templates. You can create an assessment in less than 2 minutes. The interface is intuitive and it’s easy to visualize results per assessment.
VP of Engineering, Mid-Market (51-1000 emp.)
Any tool can have functions—bells and whistles. Not every tool comes armed with staff passionate about making the user experience positive.
The TestGorilla team only offers useful insights to user challenges, they engage in conversation.
For instance, I recently asked a question about a Python test I intended to implement. Instead of receiving “oh, that test would work perfectly for your solution,” or, “at this time we’re thinking about implementing a solution that may or may not…” I received a direct and straightforward answer with additional thoughts to help shape the solution.
I hope that TestGorilla realizes the value proposition in their work is not only the platform but the type of support that’s provided.
For a bit of context—I am a diversity recruiter trying to create a platform that removes bias from the hiring process and encourages the discovery of new and unseen talent.
Chief Talent Connector, Small-Business (50 or fewer emp.)
Our screening tests identify the best candidates and make your hiring decisions faster, easier, and bias-free.
Building assessments is a breeze with TestGorilla. Get started with these simple steps.
The WordPress developer test will be included in a PDF report along with the other tests from your assessment. You can easily download and share this report with colleagues and candidates.
The WordPress Developer test will help you evaluate candidates and see if their skills and experience are a good fit for the role you’re looking to fill: The right candidate should understand the infrastructure of WordPress and know how to code on the platform to help you make the most of it. But before we go into the details of the test and why you should use one, let’s first take a look at why WordPress is important in today’s business environment.
WordPress is more than just a blogging platform – it’s the most popular content management system in the world, with more than 60 million websites built on it. It has an open-source platform, making websites built on it highly customizable, especially with the help of all the available WordPress plugins (55,000+, with new ones added daily).
WordPress is very user-friendly and can be used even by people who don’t have any coding experience. When you use WordPress, you don’t have to worry about safety or security, or whether your website is correctly set up for SEO: The platform is built to be user-friendly, safe, secure, and up-to-date with the best SEO practices.
To make the most of it, however, hiring a skilled WordPress developer is often the way to go: Someone who is proficient with WordPress plugin development will help you take your website to the next level.
So when you’re hiring your next WordPress developer, it’s essential to assess their skills accurately and objectively, because they’ll be in charge of the functionality of your website. The right candidate should not only be proficient with WordPress, but also have the right set of related hard skills to be successful.
A good WordPress developer will need to have strong technical and business skills in the following areas:
On top of their technical and hard skills, a WordPress developer needs to have the right set of soft skills to succeed in the role.
• Communication: WordPress developers need to be able to communicate effectively with members from their teams to make sure that everyone is on the same page. They might also need to communicate with coworkers from other teams who will be using WordPress, such as the marketing team. So the right WordPress developer will need to have excellent communication skills to be successful at their job.
• Empathy: Even though WordPress developers work mostly with the platform, their work will have an impact on others – and each website they build will be used by thousands of visitors. For this reason, they need to be able to put themselves in other people’s shoes when developing websites to create a good customer and user experience.
• Learning mindset: WordPress is constantly changing and any WordPress developer who wants to stay relevant will need to learn new things continuously. That’s why a learning mindset is so crucial; developers need to keep up with the latest updates and advances in the technology.
• Critical-thinking skills: Challenges, problems, and bugs are a daily occurrence for any WordPress developer. To handle those, WordPress developers need to have strong critical-thinking skills and be capable of looking at each problem from different angles until they find the right solution.
• Data analysis: To have good decision-making skills, WordPress developers will need to learn how to interpret data and gain insights from it. That’s why data analysis is so important: Developers need to be able to analyze it and draw the right conclusions.
On top of these, the right candidate should have values that are congruent with those of other employees and the organization as a whole and to your culture.
When hiring a WordPress developer, you should make sure that you’re able to objectively evaluate their skills and qualities. The best way to do that is by using a pre-employment skills assessment featuring a WordPress developer test. The test itself will evaluate if the candidate knows how to use:
• WordPress Administration• WordPress Customization• WordPress Security and Database• WordPress Plugin Development
This test is perfect when hiring a WordPress developer since it enables you to verify candidates’ WordPress skills in depth and make sure they have the right knowledge and experience for your open role. Looking at applicants’ scores will help you quickly identify the most capable and skilled WordPress developers among your candidates.
There are multiple benefits to using pre-employment tests in your recruitment process. Here are the most important ones:
• Tests guarantee a bias-free hiring process: If you’re looking to hire a WordPress developer, using pre-employment tests helps you create a fair and bias-free hiring process. All your candidates will get a fair chance to prove their skills by taking the test, and you won’t need to waste time screening CVs, which is an outdated and inefficient approach to hiring.
• Scores are accurate and objective: All your candidates will take the same tests with the same questions, and results will be calculated automatically. Once you get candidates’ scores, you’ll be able to easily compare them to see who did best on this and on other tests.
• The platform is very simple to use: TestGorilla’s pre-employment tests are incredibly easy to use; you simply need to send the assessment with a single click to all your candidates and wait for the results. It makes no difference if there are 20 or 220 applicants, the process is the same.
When hiring a WordPress developer, don’t leave it to chance. Use a pre-employment test like TestGorilla’s WordPress Developer test to make sure that your hiring process is objective and bias-free – and that you’re able to hire the best candidate.