This Ansible test evaluates a candidate’s ability to use ansible effectively and efficiently. This screening test will help you find and hire an excellent Ansible engineer to create, manage, or improve automation using Ansible across your business.
Inventory and variables
Roles and modules
Filters and templates
Software engineer, software developer, software architect, IT administrator, IT decision-makers, and anyone else that uses ansible.
Ansible is a powerful platform for IT automation in a variety of contexts. Ansible is powerful because it’s implemented across a variety of technological domains. This hiring test evaluates the ability of candidates to use Ansible effectively in practical, applicable contexts.
This Ansible test covers inventory and variables, including proper definitions, placement, precedence, and the use of special variables. This hiring test uses code snippets and scenarios, which provide constraints and goals, to gauge a candidate’s skill using Ansible.
Roles and modules are vital topics for an Ansible practitioner, and this hiring test carefully covers these topics. Skilled implementation and use of structure, arguments, and common modules are necessary skills evaluated in this test.
Ansible internals include topics like configuration files, connections, and commands, all of which a skilled Ansible developer must master. This screening test presents facts and complications and asks a candidate to evaluate the best choices for internals to maximize effective ansible implementation.
Lastly, this hiring test evaluates a candidate’s ability to be efficient through the use of Ansible templates and filters to work with data. Manipulating and working with data of various forms is vital to leverage Ansible’s effective automation solutions, and these questions test a candidate’s intermediate knowledge of these topics.
This test is designed for an Ansible practitioner with intermediate knowledge (2-3 years experience).
Sergejs has over six years experience working with complex systems using Ansible. He is adept at leveraging Infrastructure-as-Code principles to create optimal outcomes for various clients in different contexts. Sergejs also has significant experience in big data systems deployment and automation in many forms. In his spare time, Sergejs enjoys skiing and roller-skating.
TestGorilla’s tests are created by subject matter experts. We assess potential subject-matter experts based on their knowledge, ability, and reputation. Before being published, each test is peer-reviewed by another expert, then calibrated using hundreds of test takers with relevant experience in the subject. Our feedback mechanisms and unique algorithms allow our subject-matter experts to constantly improve their tests.
TestGorilla helps me to assess engineers rapidly. Creating assessments for different positions is easy due to pre-existing templates. You can create an assessment in less than 2 minutes. The interface is intuitive and it’s easy to visualize results per assessment.
VP of Engineering, Mid-Market (51-1000 emp.)
Any tool can have functions—bells and whistles. Not every tool comes armed with staff passionate about making the user experience positive.
The TestGorilla team only offers useful insights to user challenges, they engage in conversation.
For instance, I recently asked a question about a Python test I intended to implement. Instead of receiving “oh, that test would work perfectly for your solution,” or, “at this time we’re thinking about implementing a solution that may or may not…” I received a direct and straightforward answer with additional thoughts to help shape the solution.
I hope that TestGorilla realizes the value proposition in their work is not only the platform but the type of support that’s provided.
For a bit of context—I am a diversity recruiter trying to create a platform that removes bias from the hiring process and encourages the discovery of new and unseen talent.
Chief Talent Connector, Small-Business (50 or fewer emp.)
Our screening tests identify the best candidates and make your hiring decisions faster, easier, and bias-free.
Building assessments is a breeze with TestGorilla. Get started with these simple steps.
The Ansible test will be included in a PDF report along with the other tests from your assessment. You can easily download and share this report with colleagues and candidates.
An online Ansible test is a pre-employment skills assessment that helps you evaluate your candidates’ expertise in Ansible in a faster and bias-free manner. Provisioning your environment’s infrastructure, computing hosts, and deploying applications and systems are all tasks an Ansible expert is responsible for. You can use this Ansible online test to assess candidates’ ability to perform these tasks and more.
If you want to find the perfect new hire who knows Ansible like the back of their hand, our expert-created Ansible online test is your best choice.
Don’t fret if you’re still sorting out hiring logistics. This test will give you all the statistical data you need to make your next hire and choose the best Ansible expert for your business.
A proficient Ansible professional will provide several benefits to your organization, including a wealth of knowledge, the ability to handle configuration files, a mastery of commands, and expertise with connections.
They’ll have no problem using open-source software tools to deploy applications effortlessly and will understand how Ansible facilitates configuration automation and operating system setups.
Nonetheless, finding an Ansible expert is not a simple task. It can be challenging to assess a professional for the skills and experience you’re looking for.
It may also be the case that your job advertisement has caught the attention of hundreds of skilled job seekers, and you need to choose a top candidate out of many talented applicants. What can you do in situations like these?
If you’re trying to determine whether your Ansible experts have the abilities required for the role, use this Ansible online test to verify that they have the following four crucial skills.
• Knowledge of best practices for inventory and variables: Use the Ansible test to learn if your candidates know how to use the main inventory file and store variables in the INI file. You can also find out whether they are able to declare variables in an inventory.
• An understanding of roles and modules: Determine whether your applicants grasp the function of roles and the framework they provide for variables and modules. You can verify that they understand that writing complex playbooks are easier with roles since they break playbooks down into different files.
• A solid grasp of Ansible internals: With the help of our Ansible online test, you can learn how well your applicants understand Ansible internals, such as commands, connections, and configuration files. Use our test to determine whether your applicants can make the best choices for Ansible internals and implement Ansible effectively.
• Expertise in using filters and templates: Find out how proficiently your candidates can use Ansible filters and templates to handle different kinds of data, transform it within a template expression, and use templates to manage parameters using this Ansible online test.
Every test we create, including our Ansible online test, will give you the accurate, precise statistics you need to make your next hire.
Whether you need to hire quickly or filter your applicants, this online test will automatically return the data you need in the form of percentages, star rankings, and timings to ensure you hire the best applicant.
Using this Ansible online test to evaluate your talent is the best way to handle recruitment challenges when hiring Ansible experts.
Have you received more than a hundred applications? Are you not sure if your candidates have the right level of expertise? Do you need a way to filter out applicants who lack the necessary skills? TestGorilla’s Ansible test will ensure that you meet these hiring objectives without difficulties.
With our Ansible online test, there’s no such thing as an impossible hiring decision. Use it immediately after sourcing Ansible experts, and you’ll receive three remarkable benefits.
• Understand your talent’s skills – even if you don’t have those skills yourself: Since Ansible professionals can have different levels of expertise, you may find it more difficult to hire a senior Ansible engineer than a junior one.
However, with this Ansible online test, you’ll easily find Ansible experts. No longer will you be worried about hiring a candidate who lacks the Ansible skills you need. This test will tell you who is qualified to join your team and help your company achieve its goals.
• Hire fast and efficiently, and keep time-to-hire metrics low: When you use our Ansible online test, difficult hiring decisions will no longer lead to extended recruitment times. You can hire an Ansible expert without spending months making a hiring decision and immediately remove candidates from the hiring process if they’re not suitable for your company.
• Forget unconscious bias forever: Hire a diverse and driven team: With TestGorilla, you’ll never have to be concerned about whether your hiring process has been affected by unconscious bias. When you use our Ansible test, you can be certain your new hire has the Ansible skills you require. Hire Ansible developers without bias, and build a diverse team that’s driven to achieve targets.
If you need an unbiased hiring tool that makes recruitment fast and efficient, join 6500+ organizations that have already chosen TestGorilla to simplify their hiring journeys.