Who is the right candidate for your PHP developer role?
The right candidate should be well versed in the PHP language. They need to know how to write code that meets certain requirements and run the code to see if it’s functional, effective, and bug-free. On top of that, they must have experience with PHP frameworks such as Laravel, Codelgniter, and Symfony.
But technical coding skills aren’t the only thing you need to look for in a candidate. They also need to have other skills, such as:
• Communicatie skills: PHP developers require excellent communication skills to do their jobs successfully. They usually work in teams alongside colleagues, peers, and managers, so they should know how to communicate their ideas clearly and professionally.
• Empathy: Although software developers spend most of their time working with machines, their end product will be used by other people. To write code and develop apps that are user-friendly, they will need to have empathy. Putting themselves into other people’s shoes will help programmers understand how to create products that everyone can benefit from.
• Critical-thinking skills: Programmers face many problems and challenges on a daily basis. From bugs to system failures, software developers need to be prepared for problems and find solutions to them. That’s why the perfect candidate will have great critical-thinking skills and approach issues from multiple angles until they solve them.
• Time-management skills: Most projects have deadlines, so software developers require excellent time-management skills to contribute to the success of these projects.
• Teamwork: Long gone are the days when software developers sat alone in a room and just coded 24/7. Today, most programmers work in a team, so they need to be good team players. The right candidate will know what it takes to be a team player and prioritize the team’s success instead of just their own.
On top of these skills, the right applicant also needs to be a culture add to your company. You want om aan te nemen a candidate who shares the same values as your organization and whom other employees enjoy working with. Look for someone who will positively contribute to the culture of your business.