Why talent acquisition is important to your business
Talent acquisition is a major part of the hiring process. That’s why it’s crucial to hire an employee who is well versed in talent acquisition to lead your recruitment processes. The person you hire will take over your hiring process and hire the next generation of employees for your organization, so you need to make sure you pick the right person.
Employees who work in talent acquisition tend to focus more on sourcing and recruiting talent, which involves finding the best talent in the marketplace and ensuring that they go through your recruitment process.
The skills the right candidate will have
On top of technical recruitment skills, the perfect candidate will also have a set of soft skills that gives them a higher chance of succeeding in their jobs. These skills include:
• Communication skills: The right candidate will have impeccable communication skills. They will be able to see other people’s body language and hear their tonality, enabling them to comprehend them on a deeper level. On top of that, they will be well versed in social media since they will be using it actively when sourcing candidates.
• Active listening skills: On top of having great communication skills, the perfect candidate will also have excellent listening skills. They will know how to listen to people, both online and offline. By using active listening, they will understand candidates’ needs and be able to frame the benefits of working for your company in a way that satisfies those needs.
• Planifier skills: An organization can survive in the short term by filling its current needs, but if it wants to thrive, it also needs to plan for its future needs. Employees who work in talent acquisition will need to anticipate the company’s long-term needs and ensure that the talent pipeline has enough qualified candidates to fill the roles that the business will need in the future.
• The ability to continuously learn: Talent acquisition is always changing, and the right candidate will evolve with the industry if they want to stay relevant and up to date. They will constantly grow and adapt by learning how to use new social media channels and updating their hiring and assessment methodologies.
• Empathy: Empathy helps those involved in talent acquisition create a positive candidate experience for those who go through the assessment process. Empathy and high emotional intelligence will help the perfect candidate create a great candidate experience.
Compétences analytiques. The role of a talent acquisition specialist requires proficiency in data management. The candidate will have to work closely with data and use their analytical skills to find insights from the data that will help them make better hiring decisions.