Tableau competencies for candidates
Tableau-developer candidates need to have the following set of skills to successfully perform their role in your organization:
• Technical skills: Tableau developers require in-depth knowledge of business intelligence, RDBMS systems, and data analytics. On top of that, they need experience in using database-querying tools, SSIS, SSRS, and SQL queries. Additionally, they need technical skills in Tableau software, such as Tableau Server, Public, Online, and Desktop. The perfect candidate will also know the basics of data security.
• Problem-solving: Tableau developers have to deal with many problems in their role. They will need to constantly adjust their approach and stay flexible to handle these problems. They must adopt a solution-oriented mindset, analyze the data, and try to find insights that will lead to a solution.
• Innovation: The role of a Tableau developer requires innovation. Candidates need to be self-motivated, take the initiative to improve the systems, and explore different paradigms, perspectives, and angles to find ways to improve processes.
• Teamwork: Long gone are the days when developers worked alone in a room. Today, it’s crucial for them to work well with others if they want to succeed.
• Kommunikation skills: Tableau developers must have excellent oral and written communication skills to be good team players. They need to use these skills to actively listen and engage with their peers, colleagues, and managers.
• Zeitmanagement: Top Tableau developers understand the importance of timelines and deadlines, and plan their actions ahead of time. They realize that they need to use their time-management skills to finish their tasks by the deadlines set by their project managers.
• Kultureller Mehrwert: No matter how skilled candidates are, they still need to represent culture-add for your organization. Their values should align with those of your company and bring positive changes to its culture.
To ensure your candidates have the right skills for the job, you may want to add a pre-employment assessment to your recruitment process. By testing their technical skills with a Tableau test, as well as soft skills and culture add, you can hire the best candidate the first time. But how does it work? Let’s explain.