I’m Michel, the Head of Product at TestGorilla. We’re a fast-growing HR tech startup that helps teams make better hiring decisions faster and bias-free.
Over the last year, we’ve experienced tremendous growth. More than 6,000 companies have replaced CVs with our assessments to screen candidates in an unbiased and data-driven way. That growth is in part thanks to our extensive inbound marketing program.
As we scale our efforts in 2022 and beyond, we’re looking for a UX Researcher who’s passionate about understanding and improving the user experience and helping people land dream jobs.
What’s in it for you?
- Helping shape a fast-growing HR tech startup as an early employee
- Fully remote position with bright, motivated, and friendly colleagues around the world
- Competitive salary + share appreciation rights (SARs)
- Flexible hours and vacation
- Paid parental leave
- Remote working budget: €1,000 per year
- Learning and development budget: 3.5% of salary
The job in a nutshell
As the first in-house UX Researcher, you will lead research efforts to help us better understand our customers and ensure our product experience is usable, useful and delightful.
You will support the Product team and collaborate with cross-functional teams. Through user research, you will uncover meaningful insights and translate them into actionable solutions.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Becoming an expert on our customers and their needs
- Running end-to-end UX research: planning, design and execution, with a direct focus on customer experience improvements
- Leading the research synthesis process and generate insightful reports for the Design and Product teams
- Switching between market analysis and discovery with new feature development and user testing
- Influencing our decision-making process and constructively challenging the ways of thinking using research-based evidence and insights
- Supporting the continuous improvement of research tools and methodologies
- Promoting user-centred design principles and best practice across all teams
Here’s what we are looking for:
- You are inspired by our mission to put one billion people in dream jobs
- You are fully aligned with our values
- You have experience with remote research and working with small to very large sample sizes
- You have strong work experience with both qualitative and quantitative research methods
- You have experience conveying research findings and implications to diverse audiences in a clear and compelling way
- You have a user-first mindset. You’re passionate about understanding their needs and continuously improving their experience
- You have strong collaboration and relationship building skills that allow you to build cross-functional relationships
- You have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and attention to detail
- You are comfortable with the ambiguity and pace of an early-stage startup
We typically expect candidates with at least 3 y. of experience in a UX Researcher role or similar to have the skills mentioned above.
Bonus points if…
- You have experience working in a high growth product-led startup
- You have domain experience working in HR-tech and/or SaaS
At TestGorilla, we envision a world where everyone has their dream job. To achieve this, employers and employees need to have the right information about each other.
We started in 2020 by building a screening platform that enables employers to evaluate candidates in the skills that matter most for success in a role. Our product replaces subjective, incomplete, and often inflated CVs with objective, reliable, and fair test results measuring aptitude, practical job skills, motivation, and culture add.
Improving and expanding this platform is currently our core focus, but it’s only the beginning of our journey to get everyone their dream job. Over time, we will launch more products that support this mission.
We have procured $70m in Series A funding from the venture-capital firms Atomico and Balderton Capital, and our growth is on target to continue exponentially. Chances are you’re familiar with some of our biggest customers, like Sony, PepsiCo, H&M, Deloitte, Bain & Company, Oracle, Revolut, and the UK’s National Health Service.
We work remotely, spread across the Americas, Europe, Asia, and Africa.
We don’t offer rainbow glitter unicorns or dog-friendly offices (we literally don’t have an office), but we do offer real people, solid core values, and a product meant to give everyone a fair, unbiased chance at their dream jobs.
Here at TestGorilla, we eat our own dog food. We use our assessment platform to make sure we make the best hiring decisions faster and bias-free.
So if this role sounds like a good fit for you, I’d like you to apply by taking this assessment. This will take about an hour and will focus on your soft and hard skills required to succeed in this role. It’s also a great opportunity for you to get to know our product!
If you’re hired, I’ll do everything I can to help you succeed at TestGorilla and throughout the rest of your career!