I’m Ria, the Managing Editor at TestGorilla. We’re a fast-growing HR tech startup that helps teams make better hiring decisions faster and bias-free.
Over the past year, we’ve experienced tremendous growth. More than 5,300 companies have replaced CVs with our assessments to screen candidates in an unbiased and data-driven way. That growth is in part thanks to our extensive inbound marketing program.
As we look to scale our efforts in 2022 and beyond, we’re looking for a Social Media Specialist who’s passionate about joining our quest to help people land dream jobs.
What’s in it for you?
- Helping shape a fast-growing HR tech startup as an early employee
- Fully remote position with bright, motivated, and friendly colleagues around the world
- Competitive salary + Share appreciation rights (SARs)
- Flexible hours and vacation
- Paid parental leave
- Remote working budget: €1,000 per year
- Learning and development budget: 3.5% of base salary
The job in a nutshell
At TestGorilla, inbound marketing has been a big part of our growth. As a full-time Social Media Specialist, you will report to the Growth Manager and join our fast-growing Marketing department.
You will develop and implement our social media and community strategy and take ownership of the social media content calendar across various networks (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and Youtube).
You will quickly become an expert on the needs, motivations, and challenges of TestGorilla’s audiences, take responsibility for representing TestGorilla’s voice and build engagement across our communities. You will ensure ongoing analysis and integrate social media into our key business objectives and campaigns.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Developing and leading TestGorilla’s social media content strategy and manage our publication calendar
- Monitoring all of TestGorilla’s social channels – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube, and drive community engagement and growth
- Generating, editing, publishing, and sharing engaging content daily and bring the content strategy to life with your outstanding writing and editing skills
- Nurturing relationships with customers, potential customers, HR professionals, and other members of our community
- Overseeing the creation of design assets and short videos for social media accounts
- Producing reports showing the results of your content, tracking and measuring meaningful metrics that achieve our larger objectives
- Acting as a guardian of TestGorilla’s brand voice and tone
Here’s what we are looking for:
- You are inspired by our mission to put 1 billion people in dream jobs
- You are fluent in written English
- You are passionate about all things social and are always up to date with the latest news and trends
- Experience in content marketing, incl. content formats and frameworks (and how to utilize them best)
- You have a creative mind, excellent writing skills, and a sharp eye for editing
- You are an excellent communicator and know how to get buy-in from others to accomplish your goals
- You have good time management skills, including prioritizing and scheduling
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a global remote team
We typically expect candidates with at least 2 years of Social Media experience to have the skills mentioned above.
Bonus points if…
- You have experience working in a SaaS company and a fast-growing startup
- You have experience writing/editing HR content
- You have experience with video editing and animation
At TestGorilla, we envision a world where everyone has their dream job. To achieve this, employers and employees need to have the right information about each other.
We started in 2020 by building a screening platform that enables employers to evaluate candidates in the skills that matter most for success in a role. Our product replaces subjective, incomplete, and often inflated CVs with objective, reliable, and fair test results measuring aptitude, practical job skills, motivation, and culture add.
Improving and expanding this platform is currently our core focus, but it’s only the beginning of our journey to get everyone their dream job. Over time, we will launch more products that support this mission.
We have procured $70m in Series A funding from the venture-capital firms Atomico and Balderton Capital, and our growth is on target to continue exponentially. Chances are you’re familiar with some of our biggest customers, like Sony, PepsiCo, H&M, Deloitte, Bain & Company, Oracle, Revolut, and the UK’s National Health Service.
We work remotely, spread across the Americas, Europe, Asia, and Africa.
We don’t offer rainbow glitter unicorns or dog-friendly offices (we literally don’t have an office), but we do offer real people, solid core values, and a product meant to give everyone a fair, unbiased chance at their dream jobs.
Here at TestGorilla, we eat our own dog food. We use our assessment platform to make sure we make the best hiring decisions faster and bias-free. I took one too and I enjoyed it!
So if this role sounds like a good fit for you, I’d like you to take an assessment so we can get a better idea about whether you would fit the role. It’s also a great opportunity for you to get to know our product!
If you’re hired, I’ll do everything I can to help you succeed at TestGorilla and throughout the rest of your career.