I’m Nicolas, TestGorilla’s Head of Engineering. We’re a fast-growing HR tech startup that helps hiring teams make better hiring decisions faster and bias-free.
We’re accelerating the development of our product to serve the growing demand from our customers. That’s why we’re looking for a Senior System Engineer (Cloud) to join our great team.
● The opportunity to work in a fast-growing, VC-backed HR tech startup
● €46k – €58k (gross compensation incl. bonus), stock options
● Your hours are flexible, and so is your vacation
● You can work wherever you want – We work remotely!
The role in context
We are looking for a Senior System (Tech Ops) Engineer to join our engineering department and help us bring our product to Enterprise level maturity. Your work will directly impact hundreds of thousands of users around the world.
As a senior member of the engineering team, you will develop and own best-practice methodologies for provisioning, configuration management, and monitoring of our distributed systems. Your primary goal is to make sure these systems run reliably in a secure cloud environment.
As our company is experiencing high growth, you’ll also be responsible for the scalability of our cloud infrastructure and performing robust capacity planning.
Furthermore, you will own and automate IT-related tasks including granting/revoking access for on/offboarding team members, securely configuring and maintaining our tools, keeping the IT asset inventory up to date. You will also collaborate to comply with security and privacy standards such as SOC II, ISO 27001, and GDPR.
You’ll spend time on the following
● You will design, deploy, and continuously improve our cloud infrastructure with a focus on reliability, scalability, and security.
● You will provide input into long-range platform requirements and operational guidelines, with a focus on automation and continuous improvement.
● You will perform incident management duties to investigate and follow up on incidents and deliver structural fixes.
● You will raise the standard of our engineering excellence by implementing best practices for coding, testing, and deployment
● You will provide organization-wide IT support.
● You will guide other teams and departments in implementing security standards across the company and conduct risk management activities.
● You will help implement compliance policies and procedures including security patch management for our complete IT assets inventory and our business continuity plan (e.g., backups, disaster recovery).
● You will act as a mentor for less-experienced team members through both your technical knowledge and leadership.
Here’s What We’re Looking For
● You have at least 7 years of experience in system engineering, DevOps, SRE, or similar positions.
● You have a deep understanding of deployment and monitoring strategies for reliable, highly scalable, and robust cloud infrastructure.
● You are an expert on cloud technologies such as AWS, Kubernetes, and Docker.
● You have strong knowledge of automation and infrastructure as code technologies such as Terraform, Powershell, Puppet, Ansible, etc.
● You have experience working with complex CI/CD pipelines for production releases in a microservices-based architecture.
● You are an organized self-starter with an ability to follow through on tasks under minimal supervision.
● You are comfortable in an ambiguous, ever-changing startup environment
● You are passionate about improving skills and learning new technologies
● You enjoy influencing others and always advocate for technical excellence while being open to change.
● You’re resilient in ambiguous situations and can approach challenges from multiple perspectives.
● You have strong written and verbal communication skills. You can validate your decisions and communicate them clearly.
Bonus points if …
● you have experience in a SaaS company
● you have knowledge of SQL, data modeling, ETL, and data warehousing
At TestGorilla, we envision a world where everyone has their dream job. To achieve that, employers and employees need to have the right information about each other.
We started in 2020 by building a screening platform that allows employers to evaluate candidates in the skills that matter most for success in a role. Our product replaces subjective, incomplete, and often inflated CVs with objective, reliable, and fair test results that measure aptitude, practical job skills, culture add, and motivation.
Improving and expanding this platform is our core focus at the moment, but it’s only the beginning of our journey to get everyone their dream job. Over time, we will launch more products that support this mission.
In early 2020 we attracted $1.2M in seed funding. Our platform went live commercially in July 2020, and we’ve experienced rapid growth since then.
We work remotely, spread across the Netherlands, Spain, Mexico, the US, Argentina, Serbia, and the Philippines.
Here at TestGorilla, we eat our own dog food. We use our assessment platform to make sure we make the best hiring decisions faster and bias-free. I took one too and I enjoyed it!
So if this role sounds like a good fit for you, I’d like you to take an assessment so we can get a better idea about whether you would fit the role. It’s also a great opportunity for you to get to know our product!
If you’re hired, I’ll do everything I can to help you succeed at TestGorilla and throughout the rest of your career.