I’m Nadia Vatalidis, Head of People & Culture at TestGorilla. We’re a fast-growing HR tech startup that helps teams make better hiring decisions, faster and bias-free.
Over the past year, we’ve experienced tremendous growth. More than 8,000 companies have replaced CVs with our assessments to screen candidates in an unbiased and data-driven way.
As we scale our efforts in 2023 and beyond, we’re looking for a Senior People Operations Specialist who’s passionate about people, modern remote async and distributed teams, culture in the future of work and creating efficiency in the world of people. Furthermore, aligning with our mission to put 1 billion people in dream jobs, and working with other teams to achieve this incredible mission.
What’s in it for you?
- Helping shape a fast-growing HR tech startup as an early employee
- Fully remote position with motivated, proud and kind colleagues around the world
- Competitive salary + share appreciation rights (SARs)
- Flexible hours and paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Remote working budget: €1,000 per year
- Learning and development budget: 3.5% of salary annually
The job in a nutshell
As the Senior People Operations Specialist, you will work directly with the Head of People & Culture.
➡️🎥Watch this video to find out a little more!
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Building modern people programs
- Creating a positive and successful onboarding experience for new hires and supporting them throughout their journey at TG. Ensuring all aspects of onboarding are completed timely including communication with new team members.
- Administering, maintaining and reporting on all things people engagement as well as other people survey results
- Handling all reporting requests on all things People & Culture
- Working closely with the Head of People & Culture on any iterations of our contracts, documentation or policies (we don’t have many, but the ones we do have, are important)
- Serve as the first line of contact for all team member inquiries via slack or email
- Utilizing our HRIS and along with the Head of People & Culture, creating efficient processes to scale TestGorilla successfully
- Working with us in achieving our OKR’s
- Assisting in the development of experiences for all of our amazing people
- Supporting us in operationalizing our values
- Working with a highly motivated and top performing team
Here’s what we are looking for:
- You are inspired by our mission to put one billion people in dream jobs
- You are fully aligned with our values
- You have Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have a strong ability to demonstrate confidentiality and advocate for fair equitable people process
- You understand modern people practices vs traditional HR
- You can work asynchronously without supervision
- You are comfortable with the ambiguity and pace of an early-stage startup
- Ideal competencies would include: resilience, empathetic listener and ambition
- You care about equal opportunity and diversity
We typically expect candidates with at least 4 years of experience in a People Operations position to have the skills mentioned above.
Bonus points if…
- You have experience working in a SaaS company and a fast-growing startup
- You have experience in managing paid digital initiatives outside of Google Ads and Social Pais Ads
At TestGorilla, we envision a world where everyone has their dream job. To achieve this, employers and employees need to have the right information about each other.
We started in 2020 by building a screening platform that enables employers to evaluate candidates in the skills that matter most for success in a role. Our product replaces subjective, incomplete, and often inflated CVs with objective, reliable, and fair test results measuring aptitude, practical job skills, motivation, and culture add.
Improving and expanding this platform is currently our core focus, but it’s only the beginning of our journey to get everyone their dream job. Over time, we will launch more products that support this mission.
We have procured $70m in Series A funding from the venture-capital firms Atomico and Balderton Capital, and our growth is on target to continue exponentially. Chances are you’re familiar with some of our biggest customers, like Sony, PepsiCo, H&M, Deloitte, Bain & Company, Oracle, Revolut, and the UK’s National Health Service.
We work remotely, spread across the Americas, Europe, Asia, and Africa.
We don’t offer rainbow glitter unicorns or dog-friendly offices (we literally don’t have an office), but we do offer real people, solid core values, and a product meant to give everyone a fair, unbiased chance at their dream jobs.
Here at TestGorilla, we eat our own dog food. We use our assessment platform to make sure we make the best hiring decisions faster and bias-free.
So if this role sounds like a good fit for you, I’d like you to apply by taking this assessment. This will take about an hour and will focus on your soft and hard skills required to succeed in this role. It’s also a great opportunity for you to get to know our product!
If you’re hired, I’ll do everything I can to help you succeed at TestGorilla and throughout the rest of your career!