I’m Michel, the Head of Product at TestGorilla. We’re a fast-growing HR tech startup that helps teams make better hiring decisions faster and bias-free.
Over the past year, we’ve experienced tremendous growth. More than 5,000 companies have replaced CVs with our assessments to screen candidates in an unbiased and data-driven way.
As we scale our efforts in 2022 and beyond, we’re looking for a Senior Data Analyst who’s passionate about building amazing product experiences and helping people land dream jobs.
What’s in it for you?
- Helping shape a fast-growing HR tech startup as an early employee
- Fully remote position with bright, motivated, and friendly colleagues around the world
- Competitive salary incl. bonus and stock options
- Flexible hours and vacation
- Paid parental leave
- €1000 remote working budget per year
- Learning & development budget of 4% of base salary
The job in a nutshell
As a Senior Data Analyst, you’ll be responsible for supporting the data needs of a large number of teams in our organization and help them become more data-driven. As the first Data Analyst on the ground, you’ll have the opportunity to lay the foundations for how we run and grow our Data team.
You’ll work closely with different (cross-functional) teams to uncover insights about our business, develop hypotheses and embed an iterative mindset of testing and learning. One day you might be helping the Sales team to improve their lead scoring system by assessing leading upsell indicators, the next day you are analyzing verbatim feedback from users to identify and prioritize improvement opportunities.
This is an amazing opportunity for a Senior Data Analyst that is looking to embark on an entrepreneurial journey and is ready to put a dent in the universe!
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Leverage data to uncover valuable insights about our customers and our candidates and develop hypotheses for further analysis.
- Investigate usage patterns to uncover points of friction in our product.
- Study A/B test results and make suggestions for new experiments.
- Analyze uptake of new released features across our different user cohorts.
- Provide the various teams with dashboards, reports and visualizations that help them understand performance in the most efficient way.
- Work with the various teams and departments to determine and measure the right metrics for their respective domains.
- Empower others in the organization to be more self-reliant for their data needs.
- Create the foundation for our data model and reporting framework.
- Work in a collaborative, talented distributed team across the globe.
Here’s what we are looking for:
- You are inspired by our mission to put 1 billion people in dream jobs.
- You are fully aligned with our values.
- You have 5+ years of experience in data, reporting and analytical problem solving.
- You have strong SQL skills and worked with a modern data warehouse like Redshift, BigQuery or Snowflake.
- You have technical knowledge of relational databases, data modeling and data visualization.
- You have experience building reports in BI tools like Tableau or Looker.
- You have experience with product analytic tools like Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Amplitude, or similar.
- You have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and attention to detail. Your analysis and actionable insights are always high quality, accurate and easy to understand.
- You have strong collaboration and relationship building skills that allow you to build cross-functional relationships.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and thrive in the fast paced environment of an early-stage startup that is operating remotely around the globe.
Bonus points if…
- You have experience working in a high growth product-led startup.
- You have prior experience in HR-tech and/or SaaS with a background in hypothesis-driven A/B Testing.
At TestGorilla, we envision a world where everyone has their dream job. To achieve that, employers and employees need to have the right information about each other.
We started in 2020 by building a screening platform that enables employers to evaluate candidates in the skills that matter most for success in a role. Our product replaces subjective, incomplete, and often inflated CVs with objective, reliable, and fair test results that measure aptitude, practical job skills, culture add, and motivation.
Improving and expanding this platform is our core focus at the moment, but it’s only the beginning of our journey to get everyone their dream job. Over time, we will launch more products that support this mission.
Recently, we procured $10m in seed funding from investors like Notion Capital and Jeff Weiner (the ex-CEO of LinkedIn), and our growth is on target to continue exponentially. Chances are you’re familiar with some of our biggest customers, like the UK’s National Health Service, 3M, Sony, Oracle, PepsiCo, Bain & Company, and Deloitte.
We work remotely, spread across the Americas, Europe, Asia, and Africa.
We don’t offer rainbow glitter unicorns or dog-friendly offices (we literally don’t have an office), but we do offer real people, solid core values, and a product meant to give everyone a fair, unbiased chance at their dream jobs.
Here at TestGorilla, we eat our own dog food. We use our assessment platform to make sure we make the best hiring decisions faster and bias-free.
So if this role sounds like a good fit for you, I’d like you to apply by taking this assessment. This will take about an hour and will focus on your soft and hard skills required to succeed in this role. It’s also a great opportunity for you to get to know our product!
If you’re hired, I’ll do everything I can to help you succeed at TestGorilla and throughout the rest of your career!