I’m Nicolas, TestGorilla’s Head of Engineering. We’re a fast-growing HR tech startup that helps hiring teams make better hiring decisions faster and bias-free.
We’re accelerating the development of our product to serve the growing demand from our customers. That’s why we’re looking for a Senior Customer Success and Operations Engineer to join our great team.
● The opportunity to work in a fast-growing, VC-backed HR tech startup
● €46k – €58k (gross compensation incl. bonus), stock options
● Your hours are flexible, and so is your vacation
● You can work wherever you want – We work remotely!
The role in context
We are looking for a Senior Operations Engineer that will help us achieve new levels of operational excellence and customer advocacy.
In this role, you will work closely with our Customer Success team to manage technical customer requirements and structurally solve technical issues. You also partner with the Product team to deliver software, tools, and processes that streamline customer experiences and deliver operational efficiencies as the company scales.
As such, you provide tremendous leverage and delight to your team members in engineering and to your colleagues in Customer Success.
Strong communication skills, organization skills, and problem-solving skills are essential to this position.
You’ll spend time on the following
● You will design, implement, deploy and maintain operational tools and procedures that support internal teams.
● You will push TestGorilla to operational excellence by improving and automating complex operational flows.
● You will structurally solve customer issues through root cause analysis, code error diagnosis, debugging, and validating, and documenting.
● You will partner with the Customer Success team to reduce overall resolution times, and improve team efficiency and quality of customer outcomes.
● You will partner with the Product and Content development teams to build the next generation of TestGorilla tests.
● You will be participating in production operations on-call rotations.
Here’s what we’re looking for
● You have at least 5 years of experience as a technical and/or operations support engineer OR;
● You have at least 7 years of experience as a software development engineer in a product development environment.
● You have demonstrated the ability to detect and diagnose complex and critical technical issues effectively and efficiently.
● You have deep software and product development knowledge and strong troubleshooting skills.
● You are an organized self-starter with an ability to follow through on issues under minimal supervision.
● You are comfortable in an ambiguous, ever-changing startup environment.
● You are able to multi-task and quickly shift contexts if needed
● You are customer-obsessed.
● You have strong database skills with the expertise to write and update SQL queries with ease.
● You have the ability to learn and teach new technologies as required.
● You have strong written and verbal communication skills. You can validate your decisions and communicate them clearly.
Bonus points if …
● you have experience in a SaaS product based company
● you have experience working with monitoring and log management systems
At TestGorilla, we envision a world where everyone has their dream job. To achieve that, employers and employees need to have the right information about each other.
We started in 2020 by building a screening platform that allows employers to evaluate candidates in the skills that matter most for success in a role. Our product replaces subjective, incomplete, and often inflated CVs with objective, reliable, and fair test results that measure aptitude, practical job skills, culture add, and motivation.
Improving and expanding this platform is our core focus at the moment, but it’s only the beginning of our journey to get everyone their dream job. Over time, we will launch more products that support this mission.
We recently secured $10M in seed funding (see Techcrunch article) on the back of our rapid growth since our commercial launch in July 2020.
We work remotely, spread across the Netherlands, Spain, Mexico, Honduras, the US, Argentina, Serbia, and the Philippines.
Here at TestGorilla, we eat our own dog food. We use our assessment platform to make sure we make the best hiring decisions faster and bias-free. I took one too and I enjoyed it!
So if this role sounds like a good fit for you, I’d like you to take an assessment so we can get a better idea about whether you would fit the role. It’s also a great opportunity for you to get to know our product!
If you’re hired, I’ll do everything I can to help you succeed at TestGorilla and throughout the rest of your career.