I’m Julia, TestGorilla’s Head of Test Content. We’re a fast-growing HR tech startup that helps hiring teams make better hiring decisions faster and bias-free.
We’re accelerating the development of our hiring tests to address the growing demand. That’s why we’re looking for a Recruiter for Subject-Matter Experts to join our team.
The job in a nutshell
● Recruit subject-matter experts (SMEs) from various fields to collaborate with us for the creation of pre-employment screening tests on a freelance basis.
● Recruit for internal team roles—mostly technical/engineering roles.
● Expand our network of subject-matter experts and build relationships with experts who can act as peer reviewers, references, and advisors.
● Join the fast-growing HR tech startup TestGorilla as an early employee.
● €23,000 – €35,000 compensation (gross compensation including bonus), stock options.
●Remote position with a smart, motivated, and friendly team.
The role in context
Pre-employment screening tests are at the core of TestGorilla’s product. The value we bring to our customers ultimately depends on the reliability and validity of these tests.
To create our tests, we partner with subject-matter experts (SMEs) across all fields and industries. As a talent recruiter for our team, you will work with the Head of Test Content and our test editors to source talent for our upcoming needs, based on our general test plan and prioritization schedule.
You will plan and carry out outreach campaigns through various channels and pre-qualify SMEs to deliver top choices to the Test Content team. (We will provide guidance on our requirements and training on our initial qualifying methods.) You will also build and maintain a larger network of SMEs who can act as consultants and third-party reviewers across a wide range of industries and fields.
You will also help out with talent recruiting for our engineering team, and experience in technical recruiting will be considered a plus.
● Source highly qualified SMEs to create tests for our platform.
● Plan and execute outreach campaigns across a variety of channels and platforms.
● Conduct an initial screening of talent to deliver highly qualified SME choices to the team.
● Build an extensive network of SMEs across various industries and job roles that we can leverage for tests, consulting, and reviews.
● Source and recruit technical talent for our engineering team, as well as other roles, based on internal team needs.
● Share our passion for helping companies hire the best, easily and without bias.
● Have at least 2+ years of experience in sourcing and recruiting talent, especially contractors and freelancers. Additional experience in technical recruiting will be considered a plus.
● Experience creating and managing sourcing recruiting campaigns across different channels.
● Excellent communication skills.
● Know how to build a strong network of SMEs around TestGorilla’s needs and objectives.
● Have a large network of contacts you can leverage.
● Work well with others and can manage your projects independently.
● Get a lot done.
● Appreciate the extremely varied needs of a startup.
● Are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a global team.
At TestGorilla, we envision a world where everyone has their dream job. To achieve that, employers and employees need to have the right information about each other.
We started in 2020 by building a screening platform that allows employers to evaluate candidates in the skills that matter most for success in a role. Our product replaces subjective, incomplete, and often inflated CVs with objective, reliable, and fair test results that measure aptitude, practical job skills, culture add, and motivation.
Improving and expanding this platform is our core focus at the moment, but it’s only the beginning of our journey to get everyone their dream job. Over time, we will launch more products that support this mission.
In early 2020 we attracted $1.2M in seed funding. Our platform went live commercially in July 2020, and we’ve experienced rapid growth since then.
We work remotely, spread across the Americas, Europe, and Asia.
What do you think?
Here at TestGorilla, we eat our own dog food. We use our skills assessment platform to make sure we make the best hiring decisions faster and bias-free. I took one too! (I actually enjoyed it.)
So if this role sounds like a good fit for you, I’d like you to take an assessment so we can get a better idea about whether you have the skills we need.