I’m Wouter Durville, the co-founder and CEO at TestGorilla. We’re a fast-growing HR tech startup that helps hiring teams make better hiring decisions faster and bias-free.
Over the last year, we’ve experienced tremendous growth. More than 2,700 companies have replaced CVs with our assessments to screen candidates in an unbiased and data-driven way. That growth is in part thanks to our extensive inbound marketing program. As we look to scale our efforts in 2021 and beyond, we’re looking for a Managing Editor who’s passionate about joining our quest to help people land dream jobs.
What’s in it for you?
- You can work from anywhere in the world – We work remotely!
- Join (and help shape) the fast-growing HR tech startup TestGorilla as an early employee
- Competitive package incl. bonus and stock options
- Remote position with a bright, motivated, and friendly team
- Your hours are flexible, and so is your vacation
The job in a nutshell
At TestGorilla, inbound marketing has been a big part of our growth. As the Managing Editor, you will lead our content and thought leadership strategy in alignment with our overall company goals and objectives.
You are an inspiring storyteller who will quickly become an expert on the needs, motivations, and challenges of TestGorilla’s audiences in order to connect with them deeply and turn them into loyal readers of our blog (and long-term customers).
You share our passion for skills-based hiring and the level playing field it creates for talent from all walks of life and can inspire that same kind of passion in our readers.
You will set our content strategy to ensure we meet our goals, own the content calendar, and work closely with editors, writers, and the wider marketing team to create best-in-class content that drives both engagement and conversions.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Develop and lead TestGorilla´s content strategy in accordance to our overall business goals and manage our publication calendar
- Bring the content strategy to life with your outstanding writing and editing skills and your strong understanding of on-page SEO and how to make content work for both search engines and readers
- Create content briefs, review outlines, provide feedback, and do copyediting
- Inspire and guide content editors and writers to deliver stories that align with our mission, values, and objectives
- Produce reports showing the results of your strategy and content, tracking and measuring meaningful metrics that achieve our larger objectives
- Recruit and coach team members to scale our content production and ensure consistent messaging across a variety of platforms
- Help define and act as a guardian of TestGorilla´s brand voice and tone
Here’s what we are looking for:
- You are inspired by our mission of people in dream jobs
- You are passionate about storytelling and finding compelling and clear ways to communicate complex topics
- You have deep knowledge of B2B content marketing, including content formats and frameworks (and how best to utilize them), and have run content/editorial teams before
- You have outstanding writing skills and storytelling capabilities with a sharp eye for editing
- You are experienced in writing and editing short- and long-form B2B content in accordance to business objectives
- You are an excellent communicator and know how to get buy-ins from others to accomplish your goals
- You have good time management skills, including prioritizing and scheduling
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a global remote team
Bonus points if…
- You have experience working in a SaaS company and a fast-growing startup
- You have experience writing/editing HR content
- You have massively scaled organic traffic and conversions at another company before
At TestGorilla, we envision a world where everyone has their dream job. To achieve that, employers and employees need to have the right information about each other.
We started in 2020 by building a screening platform that allows employers to evaluate candidates in the skills that matter most for success in a role. Our product replaces subjective, incomplete, and often inflated CVs with objective, reliable, and fair test results that measure aptitude, practical job skills, culture add, and motivation.
Improving and expanding this platform is our core focus at the moment, but it’s only the beginning of our journey to get everyone their dream job. Over time, we will launch more products that support this mission.
Recently, we procured $10M in seed funding from investors like Notion Capital and Jeff Weiner (the ex-CEO of LinkedIn), and our growth is on target to continue exponentially. Chances are you’re familiar with some of our biggest customers, like the UK’s National Health Services, 3M, Sony, Boy Scouts of America, PepsiCo, Bain & Company, and Deloitte.
We work remotely, spread across the Americas, Europe, Asia, and Africa.
We don’t offer rainbow glitter unicorns or dog-friendly offices (we literally don’t have an office), but we do offer real people, solid core values, and a product meant to give everyone a fair, unbiased chance at their dream jobs.
Here at TestGorilla, we eat our own dog food. We use our assessment platform to make sure we make the best hiring decisions faster and bias-free. I took one too and I enjoyed it!
So if this role sounds like a good fit for you, I’d like you to take an assessment so we can get a better idea about whether you would fit the role. It’s also a great opportunity for you to get to know our product!
If you’re hired, I’ll do everything I can to help you succeed at TestGorilla and throughout the rest of your career.