I’m Otto the co-founder and COO at TestGorilla. We’re a fast-growing HR tech startup that helps teams make better hiring decisions, faster and bias-free.
Over the past year, we’ve experienced tremendous growth. More than 5,300 companies have replaced CVs with our assessments to screen candidates in an unbiased and data-driven way.
As we scale our efforts in 2022 and beyond, we’re looking for a Head of Finance who’s passionate about high growth and helping people land dream jobs.
What’s in it for you?
- Helping shape a fast-growing HR tech startup as an early employee
- Fully remote position with bright, motivated, and friendly colleagues around the world
- Competitive salary + Share Appreciation Rights (SARs)
- Flexible hours and vacation
- Paid parental leave
- Remote working budget: €1,000 per year
- Learning and development budget: 3.5% of base salary
The job in a nutshell
As the Head of Finance, you will direct day-to-day financial activities and partner with the COO and leadership team to scale the business for global growth. This is a highly visible leadership position focused on fostering a results and metrics-driven culture by aligning sound financial management with operational execution.
You are an operationally oriented strategic thinker who has worked in high growth, cross-border technology companies, ideally in the B2B SaaS space. You have experience taking a company through multiple phases of its lifecycle – instrumenting scale at the right inflection points – and thrives in highly dynamic, demanding and deadline driven environments.
You will establish the Finance function, including the key roles, processes, and tooling. You will prepare our first budgets, take our financial Saas metrics insight to the next level, and align our commercial dashboards to the P&L.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Grow and manage the finance team and build a scalable, efficient and high performing finance function
- Own and optimize all finance activities including accounting, forecasting, budgeting, planning, internal controls, financial systems, audit, reporting, treasury, insurance and tax
- Develop and implement financial and operational plans to drive growth and extend data-driven decision-making throughout the company
- Define standards, policies, procedures, measures and organization enhancements in line with company strategy and objectives
- Establish and maintain appropriate systems for measuring, analyzing and reporting on financial and operational performance
- Establish and maintain relationships with the investor community, external auditors, and all other external parties that require financial information
- In collaboration with the CCO, enhance and establish best practices to drive optimal sales force tracking, including relevant sales information and pipeline management
- Work with the CEO and senior management on all major transactions including capital raises, strategic partnerships and corporate development
- Take ownership of procurement operations and processes, including contract management and review, risk management and corporate governance and third-party supplier relationships
Here’s what we are looking for:
- You are inspired by our mission to put one billion people in dream jobs
- You are fully aligned with our values
- You have a high proficiency with financial reporting
- You have advanced Excel and data interpretation skills
- You have a high proficiency with financial platforms/systems
- You are experienced with revenue recognition and deal structures for software subscription/recurring revenue
- You have international experience, preferably in the US market
- You have outstanding internal and external communication skills with a demonstrable ability to connect with people on financial issues
- You have a strong business acumen with a high degree of integrity and ethics
- You have a track record of leadership and building high performing teams and culture within companies undergoing rapid growth and expansion
- You are comfortable with the ambiguity and pace of an early-stage startup
We typically expect candidates with at least some of the following experiences to have the skills mentioned above:
- You have a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related field
- CPA and public accounting experience (Big Four) highly desired
- You have 7 years+ of experience in progressive accounting / finance positions
Bonus points if…
- You have experience working in a SaaS company and a fast-growing startup
At TestGorilla, we envision a world where everyone has their dream job. To achieve this, employers and employees need to have the right information about each other.
We started in 2020 by building a screening platform that enables employers to evaluate candidates in the skills that matter most for success in a role. Our product replaces subjective, incomplete, and often inflated CVs with objective, reliable, and fair test results measuring aptitude, practical job skills, motivation, and culture add.
Improving and expanding this platform is currently our core focus, but it’s only the beginning of our journey to get everyone their dream job. Over time, we will launch more products that support this mission.
We have procured $70m in Series A funding from the venture-capital firms Atomico and Balderton Capital, and our growth is on target to continue exponentially. Chances are you’re familiar with some of our biggest customers, like Sony, PepsiCo, H&M, Deloitte, Bain & Company, Oracle, Revolut, and the UK’s National Health Service.
We work remotely, spread across the Americas, Europe, Asia, and Africa.
We don’t offer rainbow glitter unicorns or dog-friendly offices (we literally don’t have an office), but we do offer real people, solid core values, and a product meant to give everyone a fair, unbiased chance at their dream jobs.
Here at TestGorilla, we eat our own dog food. We use our assessment platform to make sure we make the best hiring decisions faster and bias-free. I took one too and I enjoyed it!
So if this role sounds like a good fit for you, I’d like you to take an assessment so we can get a better idea about whether you would fit the role. It’s also a great opportunity for you to get to know our product!
If you’re hired, I’ll do everything I can to help you succeed at TestGorilla and throughout the rest of your career.