I’m Otto, the co-founder and COO at TestGorilla. We’re a fast-growing HR tech startup that helps teams make better hiring decisions faster and bias-free.
Over the past year, we’ve experienced tremendous growth. More than 5,000 companies have replaced CVs with our assessments to screen candidates.
As we scale our efforts in 2022 and beyond, we’re looking for a Financial Controller to join our mission to help people land dream jobs.
What’s in it for you?
- Helping shape a fast-growing HR tech startup as an early employee
- Fully remote position with bright, motivated, and friendly colleagues around the world
- Competitive package incl. bonus and stock options
- Flexible hours and vacation
- Paid parental leave
- €1000 remote working budget per year
- 4% of base salary learning & development budget
The job in a nutshell
As the Financial Controller, you will initially report directly to the COO and subsequently to our Head of Finance. You oversee TestGorilla’s day-to-day accounting operations and manage important accounting projects such as transitioning from cash to accrual-based accounting, implement IFRS, streamline investor data request submissions, improve our reporting (including consolidation of Holding and Operating Company).
You’ll be responsible for the accounts payable and accounts receivable process, reviewing monthly bookkeeping, and working alongside our external accountant to file tax returns. As the first in-house Financial Controller you will have the opportunity to develop and manage Financial dashboards and optimize our Finance tech stack.
You will manage the relationship with our bookkeeper and accountant and collaborate with key functions to develop and manage against budgets and OKRs. This is an amazing opportunity to embark on an entrepreneurial journey with us!
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Manage day-to-day accounting operations and run payroll
- Manage external bookkeeper and accountant
- Manage board & executive level reporting of financial results and KPIs
- Develop and manage Finance dashboards and automate & improve the quality of recurring reporting
- Collaborate with key departments to manage budgets & OKRs
- Present analysis to executives & company leadership to support key decisions
- Manage year-end reporting and support tax return filings
- Partner with IT & leadership team to implement and manage our financial tool stack
- Filling investors’ quarterly and ad-hoc financial data requests (P&L, BS, Cash flow statement summaries)
- Drive-in key projects such as the transition to IFRS Accounting and accrual-based accounting
Here’s what we are looking for:
- You are inspired by our mission to put 1 billion people in dream jobs
- You are fully aligned with our values
- You have 2+ years of experience as a Financial Controller or you have 2+ years of experience in an audit firm
- You are a great problem solver, with a flexible, can-do attitude, happy to put your hand to anything
- You have a strong proficiency in accounting systems such as Xero
- You are fluent in written English and have strong communication skills
- You are comfortable with the ambiguity and pace of iteration of an early-stage startup
Bonus points if…
- You have experience working in a SaaS company and a fast-growing startup
- You are CFA, CPA, or you hold an MBA degree
At TestGorilla, we envision a world where everyone has their dream job. To achieve that, employers and employees need to have the right information about each other.
We started in 2020 by building a screening platform that enables employers to evaluate candidates in the skills that matter most for success in a role. Our product replaces subjective, incomplete, and often inflated CVs with objective, reliable, and fair test results that measure aptitude, practical job skills, culture add, and motivation.
Improving and expanding this platform is our core focus at the moment, but it’s only the beginning of our journey to get everyone their dream job. Over time, we will launch more products that support this mission.
Recently, we closed a $10m in seed funding from investors like Notion Capital and Jeff Weiner (the ex-CEO of LinkedIn), and our growth is on target to continue exponentially. Chances are you’re familiar with some of our biggest customers, like the UK’s National Health Service, 3M, Sony, Oracle, PepsiCo, Bain & Company, and Deloitte.
We work remotely, spread across the Americas, Europe, Asia, and Africa.
We don’t offer rainbow glitter unicorns or dog-friendly offices (we literally don’t have an office), but we do offer real people, solid core values, and a product meant to give everyone a fair, unbiased chance at their dream jobs.
Here at TestGorilla, we eat our own dog food. We use our assessment platform to make sure we make the best hiring decisions faster and bias-free. I took one too and I enjoyed it!
So if this role sounds like a good fit for you, I’d like you to take an assessment so we can get a better idea about whether you would fit the role. It’s also a great opportunity for you to get to know our product!
If you’re hired, I’ll do everything I can to help you succeed at TestGorilla and throughout the rest of your career.