I’m Wouter, the co-founder and CEO at TestGorilla. We’re a fast-growing HR tech startup that helps teams make better hiring decisions faster and bias-free.
Over the last year, we’ve experienced tremendous growth. More than 9,000 companies have replaced CVs with our assessments to screen candidates in an unbiased and data-driven way. That growth is in part thanks to our extensive inbound marketing program.
As we scale our efforts in 2023 and beyond, we’re looking for a Financial Controller who’s passionate about joining our quest to help people land dream jobs.
What’s in it for you?
- Helping shape a fast-growing HR tech startup as an early employee
- Fully remote position with bright, motivated, and friendly colleagues around the world
- Competitive salary + Share appreciation rights (SARs)
- Flexible hours and vacation
- Paid parental leave
- Remote working budget: €1,000 per year
- Learning and development budget: 3.5% of salary
The job in a nutshell
As the Financial Controller, you will report directly to the Head of Finance. You oversee TestGorilla’s day-to-day accounting operations & will help to shape the Finance team’s processes. You’ll be responsible for the accounts payable and accounts receivable process, reviewing monthly bookkeeping, completing our Month End process & Quarterly tax returns.
You’ll have the opportunity to develop and manage Financial dashboards and optimize our Finance tech stack and work closely with our FP&A Manager. You will manage the relationship with our bookkeeper and collaborate with key functions to manage budgets and OKRs. This is an amazing opportunity to embark on an entrepreneurial journey with us!
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Complete and own our Month End process
- Manage day-to-day accounting operations such as our AP & AR
- Oversee the monthly team payroll
- Controlling our banking & cash strategy, and help to implement our wider F/X Strategy
- Collaborate with key departments to manage budgets & OKRs
- Manage year-end close, Audit sign off and tax return filing
- Helping to develop and manage Finance dashboards whilst automating & improve the quality of recurring reporting
- Manage our external bookkeeper
- Support the FP&A Manager with our board & executive level reporting of financial results and KPIs
Here’s what we are looking for:
- You are inspired by our mission to put 1 billion people in dream jobs
- You are fully aligned with our values
- You are a great problem solver, with a flexible, can-do attitude, happy to put your hand to anything
- You have a strong proficiency in accounting systems such as Xero
- You are fluent in written English and have strong communication skills
- You are comfortable with the ambiguity and pace of iteration of an early-stage startup
We typically expect candidates with at least 2+ years of experience as a Financial Controller or you have 2+ years of experience in an audit firm to have the skills mentioned above.
Bonus points if…
- You have experience working in a SaaS company and a fast-growing startup
- You are CFA, CPA, or you hold an MBA degree
At TestGorilla, we envision a world where everyone has their dream job. To achieve this, employers and employees need to have the right information about each other.
We started in 2020 by building a screening platform that enables employers to evaluate candidates in the skills that matter most for success in a role. Our product replaces subjective, incomplete, and often inflated CVs with objective, reliable, and fair test results measuring aptitude, practical job skills, motivation, and culture add.
Improving and expanding this platform is currently our core focus, but it’s only the beginning of our journey to get everyone their dream job. Over time, we will launch more products that support this mission.
We have gained $70m in Series A funding from the venture-capital firms Atomico and Balderton Capital, and our growth is on target to continue exponentially. Chances are you’re familiar with some of our biggest customers, like Sony, PepsiCo, H&M, Deloitte, Bain & Company, Oracle, Revolut, and the UK’s National Health Service.
We work remotely, spread across the Americas, Europe, Asia, and Africa.
We don’t offer rainbow glitter unicorns or dog-friendly offices (we literally don’t have an office), but we do offer real people, solid core values, and a product meant to give everyone a fair, unbiased chance at their dream jobs.
Here at TestGorilla, we eat our own dog food. We use our assessment platform to make sure we make the best hiring decisions faster and bias-free. I took one too and I enjoyed it!
So if this role sounds like a good fit for you, I’d like you to take an assessment so we can get a better idea about whether you would fit the role. It’s also a great opportunity for you to get to know our product!
If you’re hired, I’ll do everything I can to help you succeed at TestGorilla and throughout the rest of your career.