I’m Nicolas, TestGorilla’s Head of Engineering. We’re a fast-growing HR tech startup that helps hiring teams make better hiring decisions faster and bias-free.
Over the past year, we’ve experienced tremendous growth. More than 5,300 companies have replaced CVs with our assessments to screen candidates in an unbiased and data-driven way.
As we scale our efforts in 2022 and beyond, we’re looking for a Backend Engineer who’s passionate about joining our quest to help people land dream jobs.
- Helping shape a fast-growing HR tech startup as an early employee
- Fully remote position with bright, motivated, and friendly colleagues around the world
- Competitive salary + Share appreciation rights (SARs)
- Flexible hours and vacation
- Paid parental leave
- Remote working budget: €1,000 per year
- Learning and development budget: 3.5% of base salary
The job in a nutshell
We are looking for a Backend Engineer to join our engineering department and help us bring our product to Enterprise level maturity. Your work will directly impact hundreds of thousands of users around the world.
As a member of the engineering team, you’ll build and deliver backend solutions such as APIs, integrations, and architecture components to enable the rapid growth of all our products.
You’ll own the design, code, and deployment of solutions and make sure they perform and scale in production.
You’ll spend time on the following
● Create highly scalable and reliable microservices architectures
● Lead the entire software development and delivery cycle from ideation to deployment and everything in between
● Write clean, tested, and well-documented code
● Apply modern backend technologies, including but not limited to Python, Django, Redis, and AWS
● Efficiently utilize DevOps tools and practices to deliver high-quality software as well as value to end customers as early as possible
● Work in a collaborative, talented distributed team across Europe, United States, South America, and Asia
● You will act as a mentor for less-experienced team members through both your technical knowledge and leadership skills
Here’s what we’re looking for
● You are inspired by our mission to put one billion people in dream jobs
● You are fully aligned with our values
● Experience in software development & delivery
● You can efficiently write high-quality, well-tested code and you are comfortable with functional and Object-Oriented programming languages
● You have experience building distributed and highly scalable systems including REST APIs and event-driven architectures
● You have strong knowledge about data storage design using relational and NoSQL databases
● You understand the importance of reliable monitoring, deployment strategies, and a highly scalable and robust cloud infrastructure
● You are passionate about improving skills and learning new technologies
● You enjoy influencing others and always advocate for technical excellence while being open to change
● You’re resilient in ambiguous situations and can approach challenges from multiple perspectives
We typically expect candidates with at least 4-6 years of Backend Engineer experience to have the skills mentioned above.
Bonus points if …
● You have experience in a SaaS product based company
● You are comfortable with Agile methods, such as Extreme Programming (XP), Scrum, and/or Kanban
● You have a working knowledge of cloud technology such as AWS, Azure, Kubernetes, and Docker
At TestGorilla, we envision a world where everyone has their dream job. To achieve this, employers and employees need to have the right information about each other.
We started in 2020 by building a screening platform that enables employers to evaluate candidates in the skills that matter most for success in a role. Our product replaces subjective, incomplete, and often inflated CVs with objective, reliable, and fair test results measuring aptitude, practical job skills, motivation, and culture add.
Improving and expanding this platform is currently our core focus, but it’s only the beginning of our journey to get everyone their dream job. Over time, we will launch more products that support this mission.
We have procured $70m in Series A funding from the venture-capital firms Atomico and Balderton Capital, and our growth is on target to continue exponentially. Chances are you’re familiar with some of our biggest customers, like Sony, PepsiCo, H&M, Deloitte, Bain & Company, Oracle, Revolut, and the UK’s National Health Service.
We work remotely, spread across the Americas, Europe, Asia, and Africa.
Here at TestGorilla, we eat our own dog food. We use our assessment platform to make sure we make the best hiring decisions faster and bias-free. I took one too and I enjoyed it!
So if this role sounds like a good fit for you, I’d like you to take an assessment so we can get a better idea about whether you would fit the role. It’s also a great opportunity for you to get to know our product!
If you’re hired, I’ll do everything I can to help you succeed at TestGorilla and throughout the rest of your career.